Would Lars Eller centering Max Pacioretty work?

Avengers*

I can't remember if these 2 ever played more than a couple shifts together.

Did it ever happen? Would you like to see it become reality.

When David Desharnais inevitably stop producing again. I want Michel Therrien to try out Lars Eller and Max Pacioretty for a few games.

Top 2 lines would be:

Pacioretty-Eller-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta

Last edited by a moderator:

Halifaxhab*

They're married. What is this? Brokeback hockey?

I kid, I kid. They should have no issues building some.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Patches and Eller would probably form the best duo on the team. They'd constantly be in the offensive zone and would be a very good possession line. Patches seems to play with more confidence down low and along the boards when Eller is on the ice.

They'd be a lot more useful together than Patches-Desharnais, but we all know that it's not going to happen as long as Desharnais is on this team.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I dont know. I think it would be a bit odd for them to have chemistry classes at their age.

It's never too late to go back. :sarcasm:

To answer OP, I think the "only DD has chemistry with max" stuff is really overblown. Pacioretty can play with anyone, I'm sure of that. I'd just imagine his experience playing DD at multiple levels caused a certain duo to be formed and a higher level of chemistry. Playing with someone else might need a small adjustment period. That's about it. Will he have a strong chemistry with Eller? I'm doubtful because Eller seems to do better with guys who go in front of the net and max is inconsistent(at best) in that regard. I think Eller would have a better chemistry with DD than Max...

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Patches needs someone who is always looking to feed him the puck, Eller is more of a shooter himself so I don't think it would be that amazing. I think the prophesied line of 67-27-11 would be best because of Galchenyuk's vision and passing and Gallagher's motor and ability to cause confusion in front of the net. That would be the best complement we have for Max IMO.

Avengers*

To answer OP, I think the "only DD has chemistry with max" stuff is really overblown. Pacioretty can play with anyone, I'm sure of that. I'd just imagine his experience playing DD at multiple levels caused a certain duo to be formed and a higher level of chemistry. Playing with someone else might need a small adjustment period. That's about it. Will he have a strong chemistry with Eller? I'm doubtful because Eller seems to do better with guys who go in front of the net and max is inconsistent(at best) in that regard. I think Eller would have a better chemistry with DD than Max...

Wouldn't hurt to try a few times.

I think the prophesied line of 67-27-11 would be best because of Galchenyuk's vision and passing and Gallagher's motor and ability to cause confusion in front of the net. That would be the best complement we have for Max IMO.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher should definitely be the first line next year

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Patches needs someone who is always looking to feed him the puck, Eller is more of a shooter himself so I don't think it would be that amazing. I think the prophesied line of 67-27-11 would be best because of Galchenyuk's vision and passing and Gallagher's motor and ability to cause confusion in front of the net. That would be the best complement we have for Max IMO.

I feel that 67-81-51 would be interesting to try out with 27-11 as another duo with XX as their winger(prust did well in that role for example).

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Wouldn't hurt to try a few times.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher should definitely be the first line next year

It absolutely wouldn't hurt. These are two quality players and it's worth a try but I don't see strong chemistry. If you put DD on the wing though, I think we may have something.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
What a brilliant idea!!!!

Pacioretty has 12 goals in the last 16 games. I'm sure pairing him up with Lars (no goals no assists no points in the last 8 games) Eller is just what Patches needs to get going offensively:joker:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
They already play together on the PK (and those 2 produce a goal on the PK).
2 big bodies of 6'2" 220...and Pacioretty is doing quite well on the PK.

That would make a line able to be put out there in any kind of situation.

But it's been 3 years since i wanted Pacioretty to play a 8-10 game with another center, just to see the outcome, to see the real value of Pacioretty.

Still waiting....

Avengers*

Pacioretty has 12 goals in the last 16 games. I'm sure pairing him up with Lars (no goals no assists no points in the last 8 games) Eller is just what Patches needs to get going offensively:joker:

Did you read what I asked? when desharnais stop feeding the puck to pacioretty I wrote and yes it will eventually happen,

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

well we did put Gallagher with Mr. 1 points in 19 games.......and it did work.
but i guess this isn,t the same thing....

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I do remember them being ****ing beastly down low when they got paired up for a few periods. He'd also be a better passing option than DD.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Wouldn't work, Patches would pout and disappear for the duration. He needs to go with his buddy DD, most talented forward and floats 90 % of the time. They can both go for Kane please.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Eller needs to learn to use his linemates or he's never going to make the jump to the next level, he must lead the league in offensive zone turnovers

For now move him back with the Gallys and stop trying to re-invent the wheel MT

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
They already play together on the PK (and those 2 produce a goal on the PK).
2 big bodies of 6'2" 220...and Pacioretty is doing quite well on the PK.

That would make a line able to be put out there in any kind of situation.

But it's been 3 years since i wanted Pacioretty to play a 8-10 game with another center, just to see the outcome, to see the real value of Pacioretty.

Still waiting....

Well sir your wish will come true if he makes the American Olympic team.

On another note, what about these for lines. 67-51-81 and 27-14-11

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Can't be sure, Pacioretty is a big fan of Desharnais so might not play as hard without him on his line 5 on 5. Love the guy, but he does show the tendency to sulk when times are tough.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Eller pass da puck, Max shoot da puck at da net.

Sounds foolproof.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Would be hard to find legitimate NHL'ers that wouldn't work playing with Maxpac. He's that beastly.

Agreed. Still working vs having chemistry is too different things. Still, I think Eller has some good tools and I don't see a problem.

On the PK they should be a regular together IMO. That might speed up chemistry.

Briere/Bourque/Gionta-Plekanec-Briere/Bourque/Gionta
Pacioretty-Eller-Desharnais
Briere/Bourque/Gionta-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-White/Bournival-Moen

Plekanec
Prust
Moen
Eller
Pacioretty
etc...

On PK

Plekanec
Desharnais
Eller
Pacioretty
Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Briere
Etc...

On PP

The PP/PK lines can be made into working duos but I haven't seen a problem with our PK this year as it's 2nd in the league so I have no particular suggestion for it.

The PP however, my god get a trigger man for 2nd unit and if possible see if we can make a trade Bourque for someone who will be a net front presence.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
I would try Eller with Bourque (LW) and Briere (RW). I just think that combo is a nice balance of skills, and it makes use of two guys who don't seem to fit anywhere else. As in, leave Galchenyuk with Plekanec and Gionta, and Gallagher with Desharnais and Pacioretty. And you could rotate Bournival on the wing when one of the two sucks/gets injured.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Well, they did play well the few times they've been paired together on the PK. They even got some chances despite being on the PK. Both are talented and Pacioretty will score as long as somebody gets him the puck, something Eller can do (but should do more).

I get we'll never know as long as DD is here. And no, putting them together only for a few shift wouldn't be a good sample size. The only way we'll make sure they won't work as a duo is if Therrien make them play together for 5ish games. Doesn't look like will happen, sadly.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
DD is the modern era Adam Oates. Oates made Hull just like DD makes MaxPac. No go. MaxPac will score ZERO goals without DD. So don't even consider it.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor

This.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad