Would having Foligno and Hamilton on USA mattered?

bosshogg18

Oct 26, 2009
Lyle, WA, Tacoma, WA
Both kids were born in the U.S. Marcus Foligno in Buffalo, NY and Curtis Hamilton in Tacoma, WA, when his dad first started the Rockets organization before moving it to Kelowna in 1995.
Do you think it would have made this team a lot better?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
In all honesty, the U.S team just didn't look good at all and Foligno and Hamilton probably don't make up for it.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Would Shane Prince and Brandon Saad have made a difference? Who knows? The U.S. team overall played pretty well across the board. It was unfortunate to have such a big hiccup in such a big game, but hindsight is 20/20 where players/coaching is concerned. We ended up with 5 wins (1 in OT) and 1 loss. We also earned a medal. Not a terrible tournament.

bosshogg18

Oct 26, 2009
Lyle, WA, Tacoma, WA
Yeah, the U.S. looked pretty flat. I guess if Canada didn't have Foligno and Hamilton, they would just plug in someone else from the endless talent pool. Murphy or Nugent-Hopkins for example.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Yeah, the U.S. looked pretty flat. I guess if Canada didn't have Foligno and Hamilton, they would just plug in someone else from the endless talent pool. Murphy or Nugent-Hopkins for example.

It was ONE game. The U.S., at least at the junior level has a considerable talent pool. Look at all the talent that didn't get a sniff.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT

The problem is they should have done that in the first place. Bringing in Cizikas and Foligno seems like it would come in handy, but where were they in the big games? It's the equivalent of bringing Kris Draper or Rob Zamuner to the Olympics.

bosshogg18

Oct 26, 2009
Lyle, WA, Tacoma, WA
I would like to see more U.S. kids go the CHL route. Usually there are about 1 or 2 American kids on CHL rosters...sometimes none. They might be better prepared for a tournament like this. Although we are getting better, medaling back to back years for the first time. Canada has played in 10 straight gold medal games...still some work to do for the U.S.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I would like to see more U.S. kids go the CHL route. Usually there are about 1 or 2 American kids on CHL rosters...sometimes none. They might be better prepared for a tournament like this. Although we are getting better, medaling back to back years for the first time. Canada has played in 10 straight gold medal games...still some work to do for the U.S.

There's plenty of American kids in the CHL, and on some teams (in particular in the OHL) there are three or more.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
The problem is they should have done that in the first place. Bringing in Cizikas and Foligno seems like it would come in handy, but where were they in the big games? It's the equivalent of bringing Kris Draper or Rob Zamuner to the Olympics.

Foligno wasn't the problem, he played very well the whole tournament. Cizikas you have a point, I just thought he was too slow and his offensive skills were one step below the rest of the team. He also got way too much icetime for my liking.

Hamilton and Foligno wouldn't have made a difference, they both had strong tournaments I thought but they weren't Schenn, Johansen or Ellis, the Americans would have needed more guys that calibre to take down the Canadians.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

The thing is, more Americans in the CHL just means more deserving guys left off the roster. For years now there has always been one or two Americans in the CHL who don't get a sniff at the WJs when they clearly should because of the politics of USA Hockey hating it when their kids come to the CHL.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND

I thought Cizikas and Foligno played really well the entire tourney, they were all over the ice. I still think it's tough to win with 4 scoring lines, you need the grind it out 3rd line type of players as well, and I though Foligno and Cizikas filled that role just fine. Just because they aren't seen as often in the score sheet doesn't mean they didn't play well.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
If Coutourier is American born, would he have helped?

****, if he was, it wouldn't have helped. Jesus couldn't have helped that ****show.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site

I'd like to see more US kids graduate college first before going to the NHL, and have something to fall back on if hockey doesn't work out for them. How many of the guys in Canadian Major Junior go to the NHL? I think the college route has become a much better route the past few years especially with the USNTDP

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
If Coutourier is American born, would he have helped?

****, if he was, it wouldn't have helped. Jesus couldn't have helped that ****show.

Couturier was born in Phoenix, Arizona in America. If you want to continue the OPs what-if, you could add Couturier and Olsen. Both were born in the States while the fathers played pro hockey in the minors.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00