Would Giroux ever leave to win a Cup?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Leaving probably won’t make much sense.

He was here through the hard part and now the team is on the rise. We’re about to get to the part where players want to be. A consistent playoff threat who has the right mix of vets and young talent to compete.

It would be very surprising if we’re not in a great position by he end of his contract.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You don’t really see many players finish out their careers with playing only for one team anymore so it’s certainly possible he plays for another team at some point regardless if he wins here or not.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Leaving probably won’t make much sense.

He was here through the hard part and now the team is on the rise. We’re about to get to the part where players want to be. A consistent playoff threat who has the right mix of vets and young talent to compete.

It would be very surprising if we’re not in a great position by he end of his contract.

But if we are not, I honestly would not be surprised at all if he wants to go to contender. After all he will be 34 when his contract expires.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
In 4 years, we should be contending every year unless something went horribly wrong.

I think the big question around that time, is do we have the cap space to re-sign him and Couts. Or do we trade off a JVR or Jake to make room for re-signing them. And have guys like Patrick, Frost, Lindblom, Farabee, etc... passed these 2 in performance.

Truth is, it's still far too early to know what will happen at that time.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I could see us trading him to a contender in his waning years, if we aren't contenders. Though, I have a hard time not seeing us be very competitive in 7-10 years.

Reactions: Striiker

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
"And like we thought, Captain Drouin is handing the Cup first to old graybeard Claude Giroux, who joined Montreal Canadians for their 3rd straight Cup triumph at the trade deadline"
#puke

Reactions: Deadpool8812

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
I would think every hockey player's intent when he arrives in the NHL..
is to raise the Holy Grail!
Yes, Giroux is playing his heart out for the Bullies but there might come a time he pulls a Ray Bourque!

Reactions: Igor

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I think the Flyers will continue to improve and be Cup contenders within a few seasons, but if the Flyers aren't then he should go elsewhere to try to win it all before he retires. I'd like to see him win the Cup before he is done.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad