Speculation: Would Bozak + Komorav + JVR for Tavares go through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
How about don't try and derail the thread. There's 1000000 other threads that are happy to discuss the Leafs allegedly terrible defense.

The point of this thread is to demonstrate the pure stupidity of those 3 former Leafs carrying anywhere close to the value of Tavares. Don't you agree it's doing such?

The thread is pure stupidity, I agree. Nobody would take the JVR, Bozak, Komarov trio over Tavares.

And it's also not a full equation. You have to include Johnsson and Kapanen with Tavares since somebody has to assume the JVR and Komarov minutes in their absence.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So I’ve heard a lot of people saying that the Leafs will regress because they lost these three players. Using that logic that must mean that these three players are worth more than Tavares.

So in speculation, would the Isles accept this trade of Komarov, Bozak, and JVR for Tavares?( assuming this was a year ago.)

Well that's terrible logic in the first place. A team could be worse by swapping 3 good players for 1 great player and 2 bad players, while the 3 good players aren't worth the great player in value. Just looking it at it like that completely ignores things like contract, age, potential and whatnot.

Reactions: 37Bergenov14

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
JVR is on a nice 7x5 year contract, Bozak is overpaid 5x3 for 11+32 and Komarov is grossly overpaid. I wouldn't do that trade even if i needed a top line wing, 3rd C and PK 4th liner with locker room presence.

If you want a Selke caliber 1.0ppg 1C, that is going to cost you a Norris caliber 1D with an add.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
If anything "I've heard a lot of people saying" that the Leafs are still not a "top Cup contender" (with no use of the word regress) because of their questionable defense and semi questionable goaltending.

Andersen is 11th in the NHL among starters in even strength save percentage for 16-17 and 17-18. He's also 4th in GSAA.

So there are a lot of morons on hfboards even if you exclude the ones claiming that the loss of JVR + Komarov + Bozak will hurt more than the addition of Tavares will help.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Meh. The idea that the leafs have somehow taken a step back by losing both jvr and bozak for Tavares has been mentioned multiple times that I have read.

And I saw an Oiler fan on this board say Ethan Bear is a better prospect than both Lias Andersson and Filip Chytil. I don't take posts like that serious enough that I have to go and make a full thread about it.

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
And I saw an Oiler fan on this board say Ethan Bear is a better prospect than both Lias Andersson and Filip Chytil. I don't take posts like that serious enough that I have to go and make a full thread about it.
Key phrase “an Oiler fan”... there have been countless posts in the “who will take a step back thread” saying the leafs because they lost these three guys.

But in saying that, maybe it’s true that the loss of these three will hurt us.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
People do know how terrible Komarov was last year right? He dragged anyone he played with down. Look at his with/without stats. Anyone he played with was worse.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Funny, that's the exact kind of offer Leafs fans used to make for Tavares (and other #1 C).

Not entirely incorrect but our most favourite offer has been JVR, Carrick, 2nd for Team X's good, top 4 defender. We've had a few hundred renditions and versions of that one I'd think.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
We gave up an inconsistent second liner who sucks defensively and disappears more frequently then Hudini in JVR. A player who isn't skilled enough to be in the top six and not defensively sound enough for a bottom six roll in Bozak and a player who is only good on the penalty kill in Komarov. O well. Hope they succeed elsewhere.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
For me personally, I believe a team will take the trio over Tavares if they lack depth and already have studs.

Most teams in the league do not possess a player of Tavares caliber, thus most of the league would take him over the trio.

If a team does possess multiple studs, they will most likely not have the depth to win the cup, thus will take the trio. This would be a minority of the league and a prime example would be the Oilers.

RNH-McDavid-Pulju
JVR-Draisaitl-Rieder
Lucic-Bozak-Strome
Kharia-Brodziak-Kassian

Last edited:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
For me personally, I believe a team will take the trio over Tavares if they lack depth and already have studs.

RNH-McDavid-Pulju
JVR-Draisaitl-Rieder
Lucic-Bozak-Strome
Kharia-Brodziak-Kassian

You're right. Chia probably would take the trio over JT... Not for the reasons you're thinking though.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Your fishing for some 'expected' answer for whatever reason. I get that. That didn't seem particularly interesting to me.

I was talking about something that had a larger chance of happening for a team that declared it was doing a rebuild and wanting fans to have patience.
I think and this may be going out on a limb. They weren't in the middle of a rebuild at the trade deadline last season.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I know you'll get flack for saying this, but I'm not sure it's unfair to suggest. It really depends on your team, I think a vast majority would take Tavares though. At least 25 teams would take Tavares over 2 lesser top-6 players.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
So I’ve heard a lot of people saying that the Leafs will regress because they lost these three players. Using that logic that must mean that these three players are worth more than Tavares.

So in speculation, would the Isles accept this trade of Komarov, Bozak, and JVR for Tavares?( assuming this was a year ago.)

You honestly felt this needed to be a thread on the main boards?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
No. It’s not fair value. The thought behind a 3 for 1 is pretty ludicrous especially in a way to where it could be tagged as fair value.

I think the premises is losing those 3 guys is definitely going to hurt. That’s a lot of scoring. But a lot of it is replaced by Tavares. If Toronto can adequately add someone to the 3rd line that can score it will definitely lessen the blow. Those 3 players are not world beaters by any means but they do serve a certain role that I’m not sure if Toronto can completely replace within the organization at this point in time. They are much easier to fill than trying to get a player of Tavares caliber though

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
No. It’s not fair value. The thought behind a 3 for 1 is pretty ludicrous especially in a way to where it could be tagged as fair value.

I think the premises is losing those 3 guys is definitely going to hurt. That’s a lot of scoring. But a lot of it is replaced by Tavares. If Toronto can adequately add someone to the 3rd line that can score it will definitely lessen the blow. Those 3 players are not world beaters by any means but they do serve a certain role that I’m not sure if Toronto can completely replace within the organization at this point in time. They are much easier to fill than trying to get a player of Tavares caliber though

a box of rocks given their minutes could replace Bozak and Komarov's scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad