Speculation: Would Bozak + Komorav + JVR for Tavares go through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
So I’ve heard a lot of people saying that the Leafs will regress because they lost these three players. Using that logic that must mean that these three players are worth more than Tavares.

So in speculation, would the Isles accept this trade of Komarov, Bozak, and JVR for Tavares?( assuming this was a year ago.)

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
IMO you consolidated three middling scorers into one elite one

only problem feasibly is the cap but the leafs can easily work around that

I don't understand why anyone would want the trio over JT unless they really really needed PK help

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
So I’ve heard a lot of people saying that the Leafs will regress because they lost these three players. Using that logic that must mean that these three players are worth more than Tavares.

So in speculation, would the Isles accept this trade of Komarov, Bozak, and JVR for Tavares?( assuming this was a year ago.)

Did we not have the option to trade these three players for picks and then flip the picks for let's say a good top 4 defender that we need? Seems like that would have been a pretty good alternative, no?

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Did we not have the option to trade these three players for picks and then flip the picks for let's say a good top 4 defender that we need? Seems like that would have been a pretty good alternative, no?
I’m asking straight value for value if this trade would be a fair one

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I’m asking straight value for value if this trade would be a fair one

Your fishing for some 'expected' answer for whatever reason. I get that. That didn't seem particularly interesting to me.

I was talking about something that had a larger chance of happening for a team that declared it was doing a rebuild and wanting fans to have patience.

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Your fishing for some 'expected' answer for whatever reason. I get that. That didn't seem particularly interesting to me.

I was talking about something that had a larger chance of happening for a team that declared it was doing a rebuild and wanting fans to have patience.
I asked if the Isles would accept the trade. Of course you could flip those guys. The answer would be yes or no, with a reason why. So of course I expect one of those two answers because they are the only answers to the question.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Those people don’t realize that all of those voids that we’re created had people to fill them. The marlies were great last year and have several guys ready to jump up. I’m not saying they’ll match JVR and bozak’s production, but they will help fill those voids around the three headed monster(Matthews-Tavares-Kadri).

Last edited:

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I don’t think this is supposed to be a trade proposal but a question of the players comparative value

Am I correct op?

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Yes it would, Tavares is an overrated sociopath that can barely skate and will backstab you the first chance he gets:

JVR nearly scored 40, elite powerplay production
Bozak, elite two way center, excellent faceoff guy, generational shootout shooter, also great locker room person
Komarov, pure grit personified, absolute sand paper, PK BEAST and total heart and soul

Judas Tavares meanwhile starts off playing well and then quits on the team because he didn't want to get them to the playoffs and then leave

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think Leafs are gonna miss JVR and Bozak... Dont get me wrong, obviously getting JT was massive but losing both of those guys will be interesting to see next year.

I consider Leafs still roughly the same ish as last year as far as standings go.... If they can snag a dman or 2, then ill be a believer in them becoming a contender... But as of now, i still will be curious if they can get past the 1st round just due to the fact they will most likely be playing an unreal team again(will be a 7 game battle forsure)

But having said that, there are very exciting times ahead for this squad and hopefully they can cause some damage in next few years

Reactions: Taylorst

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

On this site...and in reality, that offer would be laughed at. JVR has value, but he is very 1 dimensional, Bozak is a great 3C/decent but not great 2C and Komarov doesn't hold much value. No way that package would land Tavares.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Nothing worse than a thread that starts with "So I've heard a lot of people saying.."
Problem is a lot of people have actually been saying this

without realizing how insanely ridiculous it is to compare 3 players combined production versus 1.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Yes it would, Tavares is an overrated sociopath that can barely skate and will backstab you the first chance he gets:

JVR nearly scored 40, elite powerplay production
Bozak, elite two way center, excellent faceoff guy, generational shootout shooter, also great locker room person
Komarov, pure grit personified, absolute sand paper, PK BEAST and total heart and soul

Judas Tavares meanwhile starts off playing well and then quits on the team because he didn't want to get them to the playoffs and then leave
Interesting response. I appreciate this response as it does put some things into perspective

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Problem is a lot of people have actually been saying this

without realizing how insanely ridiculous it is to compare 3 players combined production versus 1.

If anything "I've heard a lot of people saying" that the Leafs are still not a "top Cup contender" (with no use of the word regress) because of their questionable defense and semi questionable goaltending.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
It's actually JVR + Bozak + Komarov + Polak.

Don't know how the leafs can survive.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If anything "I've heard a lot of people saying" that the Leafs are still not a "top Cup contender" (with no use of the word regress) because of their questionable defense and semi questionable goaltending.
How about don't try and derail the thread. There's 1000000 other threads that are happy to discuss the Leafs allegedly terrible defense.

The point of this thread is to demonstrate the pure stupidity of those 3 former Leafs carrying anywhere close to the value of Tavares. Don't you agree it's doing such?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Nothing worse than a thread that starts with "So I've heard a lot of people saying.."

Meh. The idea that the leafs have somehow taken a step back by losing both jvr and bozak for Tavares has been mentioned multiple times that I have read.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Funny, that's the exact kind of offer Leafs fans used to make for Tavares (and other #1 C).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad