would any slovak or czech ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
e-e said:
would any slovak or czech player make the canada 2004 world cup team?

You do know who are on these rosters right? I mean, this is a real question? You do know there is a lot of talent on these teams? Slovakia has the most lethal offense out of any country. Palffy, Hossa, Bondra, Satan, Visnovsky, Chara, Demetra, Handzus, Zednik...

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
You do know who are on these rosters right? I mean, this is a real question? You do know there is a lot of talent on these teams? Slovakia has the most lethal offense out of any country. Palffy, Hossa, Bondra, Satan, Visnovsky, Chara, Demetra, Handzus, Zednik...

I am going to watch Canada vs USA and Canada vs Slvk. I think Canada will beat USA quite easily, BUT I am worried about the Slovaks, they look good. Their only lesser point in Defense depth and goaltending. Firepower upfront is sick !

Vic Rattlehead*

go kim johnsson said:
How could you forget Nagy! :blush:

Vic Rattlehead*

Bennysflyers16 said:
I am going to watch Canada vs USA and Canada vs Slvk. I think Canada will beat USA quite easily, BUT I am worried about the Slovaks, they look good. Their only lesser point in Defense depth and goaltending. Firepower upfront is sick !
yeah, Brodeur is going to have to stand on his head in the Slovakia match.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bennysflyers16 said:

I am quite concerned about the Slovaks. Slovaks don't quit, I liken them to the LA Kings when it comes to resiliency and such. The Slovaks are weak in goal and Visnovsky and Chara will both probably have to play 30 minutes (I'm sure Muckler and Dave Taylor won't be too happy), but the name of the game is to win, and if they are playing 7-6 games, I like the Slovaks to win that game.

I'm not too high on the USA's aspects. I did not make my official predictions yet, that will come when rosters are finalized, but I don't like what I see from the USA, although I also didn't like the USA in 2002 so who knows...

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
go kim johnsson said:

absolutely...i'm a slovak so i shloud know...and i do know. the question was who of them would make the canada 2004 wc team (if thay were canadians) and i'm pretty sure that bondra, zednik, handzus, satan,...wouldn't make it....i was thinking of chara, hossa, jagr, elias, palffy, ans so on.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
e-e said:
absolutely...i'm a slovak so i shloud know...and i do know. the question was who of them would make the canada 2004 wc team (if thay were canadians) and i'm pretty sure that bondra, zednik, handzus, satan,...wouldn't make it....i was thinking of chara, hossa, jagr, elias, palffy, ans so on.

Chara, Elias and Hossa would certainly make it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
e-e said:

Oh, ok.

You said 'would any' make the team I was assuming you wondered if there was anyone on either team who would make it, period, not who :innocent:

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
The Slovaks will certainly be dangerous but there downfall will be there goaltending imo. Playing on the smaller ice surfaces here isn't going to help that at all.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
BAuldie said:
The Slovaks will certainly be dangerous but there downfall will be there goaltending imo. Playing on the smaller ice surfaces here isn't going to help that at all.

i don't see any disadvantage in ring size. :dunno:

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
For as bad as Slovakia's goaltending is, Lasak has certainly stolen the show quite often. He's consistently been top 5 or so in the WC's in the past two seasons in such categories like save percentage and GAA and Slovakia was ranked #2 last year in goalkeeper efficiency. He led them to a gold in 2002. Slovakia's weakness (compared to their forward crop) might be their goaltending. But it has proven up to the challenge recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad