News Article: worth an incredible amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

it's so sad to see some of us are resorting to "let's see what we can get for PK posts" :(

How did we get here? WHY did we get here?

Management/Meehan/PK?

Either management is undervaluing PK, or PK/Meehan are overvaluing him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Obviously we are not there yet but when your management team tells an arbitrator all of your shortcomings and why you do NOT deserve what you feel is fair market value for 90 minutes, bridges can be burned. It is becoming more apparent to me that the Habs don't see the value that PK brings.

This bridge is burned but I am not ready to blame MB yet. I am curious as to what Meehan was asking for in contract talks.
The 8.5 million asked for at arbitration was for one year. I guarantee you that the asking price for a longterm deal started at 10 million per season. In a salary cap world it is hard to build a total team with one player getting 1/7th of the team's cap.
There are several young players who are about to be negotiating their second contracts....MB has a lot on his plate.

djpass

huberdeau, gudbranson, kulikov…

that's the package i'd be targeting, adding a small something from our side as needed (and they'd have to take DD)

Patches - Galch - Pap
Huberdeau - Eller - Gally
Bourque - Pleks - Sekac
Prust - Maholtra - Weise
Bournival

Markov - Gudbranson
Emelin - Kulikov
Beaulieu - Gilbert
Tinordi/Weaver

Price
Tokarski/Budaj

And next thing you know, Florida ends up moving to Quebec. Can you only imagine how that would be...Habs vs Nordiques with P.K. in Quebec playing at least 6 games per year vs Montreal ?

The passions would fly extremely high... lol

MegaSpiderman66

Oct 11, 2011
I think everyone is forgetting one key factor about trading subban: the playoffs.

If subban re-qualifies next summer, and then looks to walk as a UFA the following year, whilst i agree you obviously wouldn't want to lose him for nothing, if MTL is in the playoff mix or is looking to make a run then it is going to be hard for mgmt. to want to trade him.

The playoffs mean $'s for mgmt. and ownership and they are going to be reluctant to ship him out if it means jeopardizing a playoff position - especially if they are primarily getting futures in return.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
First things first; everyone is tradable. No doubt about it.

The return though has to be worth it. If you were to trade an asset like PK, you might as well do it as fast as you can. That way, you maximize the years of control his new team will have on him. You'll get more for him that way I believe.

What would it take? I would hope only established players. We aren't in a rebuild and we seem to have a good window in front of us. You could start with the 5.25 comparison that the Habs seem to like(as Bob Mac would say) in Phoenix... Like I said, someone of that ilk and the other team adds from there.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You guys put way too much value on Subban being here.... if the Oil offered a package that included Nurse, Eberle and a 1st... it would be hard to turn down. Serge Savard would know exactly how to do it.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Trading 4 quarters for a ****ing dollar isn't getting good value.

It's extremely disappointing right now, because Subban is as good as gone from this team and we won't receive anything that will be able to replace his value and contribution.

Who replaces him on defense? 78 year old Markov?

I smell another Chris Chelios, Patrick Roy, John Leclair, etc... moment....

How inept can one team be over the past 30 years for not keeping their stars?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
You guys put way too much value on Subban being here.... if the Oil offered a package that included Nurse, Eberle and a 1st... it would be hard to turn down. Serge Savard would know exactly how to do it.

Yeah, Serge Savard sure would know how to trade away a norris winner for lesser assets. :laugh:

edit: And let's try to keep some of these threads together. We have too many subban threads as it is.

Last edited:

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Hall, Mackinnon that will never happen no team will give out the best young player under contract for 3-4-5-6 years for a 1 or 2 year rental of PK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad