News Article: worth an incredible amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Like most i hope we can get a long term deal done, but if it isnt meant to be, Habs are a.o.k either way.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...-oilers-and-28-other-nhl-teams-should-pounce/

Via trade, he’d also be worth an incredible amount. Aside from Taylor Hall and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (the latter owing in part to Edmonton’s centre situation), there isn’t anything on the Oilers roster that Edmonton would be justified in holding back to get a deal done. Something built around Jordan Eberle and Justin Schultz should be an easy decision for Edmonton; so too would a deal involving Schultz, Nail Yakupov and, say, the 2015 first round pick. Even a stellar prospect like Darnell Nurse would be a reasonable point of discussion – Subban is the mature version of a best-case evolution for Nurse.

It goes without saying that secondary assets – David Perron, Oscar Klefbom, Martin Marincin, etc. – should all be on the table, too.

If Edmonton were unwilling to go that high, it’s virtually certain some other team would. Subban is going to solve some team’s No. 1 defence slot for the next decade. If the Canadiens handle things right, that team will be Montreal. If not, the team can console itself with a bevy of lesser assets, while some other club benefits from the franchise rearguard.

shiram

May 3, 2011
Habstown
While I don' disagree with the premise, complementary players are easier to get than top talent.
If we have to deal Subban, I'm hoping we get top talent back, and not a quantity of lesser player.

Last edited:

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
Yes, if we can't come to terms, a blockbuster trade is the way to go, and I would say by the next trade deadline. Something that see Yakapov and Galchenyuk reunited.

Don't get me wrong, love PK and hate to lose him. But he is one player, and no one player is better than the team.(tho PK is close)

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
While I don' disagree with the premise, complementary players are easier to get than top talent.
If we have to deal Subban, I'm hoping we get top talent back, and not a quantity of lesser player.

As i said yesterday,he could fetch first overall in 2015 draft imho....

The return coming back would be huge for Habs.Wouldn't be a set back in any way.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Subban is not going anywhere. Our blue line would be abysmal without him. I'm sure management is aware of this.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
History should tell you, if Subban is dealt, Habs won't get that great of a return. Try to find a player of PK's talent who can a) not get injured b) actually loves the city c) can handle the ****ing pressure and d) Show up every playoffs!

Yea, lets get rid of that guy!!!!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
huberdeau, gudbranson, kulikov…

that's the package i'd be targeting, adding a small something from our side as needed (and they'd have to take DD)

Patches - Galch - Pap
Huberdeau - Eller - Gally
Bourque - Pleks - Sekac
Prust - Maholtra - Weise
Bournival

Markov - Gudbranson
Emelin - Kulikov
Beaulieu - Gilbert
Tinordi/Weaver

Price
Tokarski/Budaj

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

The return coming back would be huge for Habs.Wouldn't be a set back in any way.

Better hope those players already have long term contracts in place. :help:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
huberdeau, gudbranson, kulikov…

that's the package i'd be targeting, adding a small something from our side as needed (and they'd have to take DD)

Patches - Galch - Pap
Huberdeau - Eller - Gally
Bourque - Pleks - Sekac
Prust - Maholtra - Weise
Bournival

Markov - Gudbranson
Emelin - Kulikov
Beaulieu - Gilbert
Tinordi/Weaver

Price
Tokarski/Budaj

gudbranson was terrible as a bottom pairing d for florida last season and u have him on our top pair, do u even watch hockey?

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013

LOL no team (likely a rebuilding one) who has the 1st overall in 2015 would trade it straight up for Subban, who's unsigned longterm as well. That's absolutely ludicrous.

History should tell you, if Subban is dealt, Habs won't get that great of a return. Try to find a player of PK's talent who can a) not get injured b) actually loves the city c) can handle the ****ing pressure and d) Show up every playoffs!

Yea, lets get rid of that guy!!!!

Probably true, he won't get what he garners value wise, because in this case he's being shipped, and without a longterm contract. Not to say you aren't getting a good package, but you won't get the full value.

rafal majka

Sep 29, 2004
Subban is a generational talent. Letting the situation get to where trading him is the only option would be beyond Rejean Houle ineptitude - it would be entering Mike Milbury and Charles Wang territory.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
LOL no team (likely a rebuilding one) who has the 1st overall in 2015 would trade it straight up for Subban, who's unsigned longterm as well. That's absolutely ludicrous.

how long did Cory Schneider have left when Devils gave up the 9th overall for him?Was he signed long term at the time? the answer is no.

Last edited:

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
how long did Cory Schneider have left when Devils gave up the 9th overall for him?Was he signed long term at the time? the answer is no.

And what did Spezza get, as a #1C without a longterm contract? What about Pronger when management wanted to trade him or he wanted out (just like we might see with Subban). 9th OV in 2013 isn't remotely close to 1st OV in 2015. Does any other Habs actually think you could get the 1st OV with an unsigned Subban?

TimStrickland

Jul 30, 2011
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Enough of this crap.

If Subban is even going to the Oilers, Taylor Hall and their 2015 1st pick better be on the table ASAP. That's a pure equal 1-on-1 swap move. Ditto for any team, you want Subban...then deliver to the Habs a equal franchise, game-changing player of the same calibre.

No compromises.

Anything less is a joke.

Last edited:

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Subban shouldn't be moved for a bunch of pieces with lesser value. If Montreal does decide to trade him (which I doubt, they're more likely to hold on to any hope of him signing here and losing him for nothing) they should get someone of equal value in return.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
I would hope that a Subban trade would start with McDavid. Although PK is irreplaceable, that fact should warrant a ridiculous return.

Analyzer*

If we do trade him, I hope it's to Buffalo and Rasmus Ristolainen is coming back.

I don't see Nashville trading Jones for a dman further along in development, so Ristolainen is the only d prospect I want back.

Buffalo also has the pieces to sweeten the pot.

Habarazzi

Feb 19, 2008
If we do trade him, I hope it's to Buffalo and Rasmus Ristolainen is coming back.

I don't see Nashville trading Jones for a dman further along in development, so Ristolainen is the only d prospect I want back.

Buffalo also has the pieces to sweeten the pot.

it's so sad to see some of us are resorting to "let's see what we can get for PK posts" :(

How did we get here? WHY did we get here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad