Worst Sports Facility Name

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
With U.S. Cellular Field being rename First Guarantee Field for 2017 for the White Sox, it got me thinking; There's some really bad names for some sports facilities. What do you think is the worst?

My vote: Talking Stick Resort Arena. Nothing like gambling to bring fans to Suns games. :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Metallåtervinning arena - Metal recycling arena.

Swedish hockey club Almtuna plays in that arena.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
We have some pretty stupid ones in the UK & Ireland!

The Mend-A-Hose Jungle is my favourite... makes me laugh every time. That might just be the worst/best/funniest stadium name in the world.

Zebra Claims Stadium
The Tony Macaroni Arena
World of Smile Stadium
The Coral Windows Stadium
KitKat Crescent Stadium
R Costings Abbey Stadium
Select Security Stadium
Checkatrade.com Stadium
MBi Shay
Rapid Solicitors Stadium
Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium
Hunky Dorys Park

The 'Rodney Parade' and 'The Dripping Pan' also always makes me laugh... not really awful name's or stupid commercial one... but just a bit silly sounding.

One that ceased to be a few years ago always made the 12 year old inside me giggle too... 'Gay Meadow' was a soccer ground until ~9 years ago when the club moved to newer premises.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
We have some pretty stupid ones in the UK & Ireland!

The Mend-A-Hose Jungle is my favourite... makes me laugh every time. That might just be the worst/best/funniest stadium name in the world.

Zebra Claims Stadium
The Tony Macaroni Arena
World of Smile Stadium
The Coral Windows Stadium
KitKat Crescent Stadium
R Costings Abbey Stadium
Select Security Stadium
Checkatrade.com Stadium
MBi Shay
Rapid Solicitors Stadium
Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium
Hunky Dorys Park

The 'Rodney Parade' and 'The Dripping Pan' also always makes me laugh... not really awful name's or stupid commercial one... but just a bit silly sounding.

One that ceased to be a few years ago always made the 12 year old inside me giggle too... 'Gay Meadow' was a soccer ground until ~9 years ago when the club moved to newer premises.

I laughed pretty hard at The Tony Macaroni Arena

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Will this thread accept badly named fictional sports facilities from the Simpsons?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad