Worst skating technique in the NHL?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
In your opinion who are the worst skaters in the NHL (not speed but actual technique / skating skills) and why?

You can post video evidence to support your claims

I dont want to bash anyone but a 2016-17 Ranger had a somewhat amatuerish skating style. Despite that he had 2 pretty good skills.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Bobby Ryan,

Mark Stone (love that guy)

Claude Giroux is a freaky skater, but certainly gets the job done

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Matthew Tkachuk has an incredibly awkward stride that seems to resemble someone snowshoeing through 2 feet of snow. Once he fixes his stride from an elite power skating expert, he will be a ridiculously difficult for any team to deal with.

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I agree with Yakapov.

Many seem to think his skating has been one of his assets. I've always found his unconventional bouncing, choppy stride to be one of the stongest reasons he has not adapted to NHL play. It seems he can only be effective at "full bounce". There are no nuances and modulations to his game. He has to go all out or he is pretty useless. And that stride is so inefficient that he can only go all out for short bursts.

Just a thought.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I think Hall is fast but looks awkward when skating.

I find that Hall is one of the best power skaters in the league so this is strange to read.

Dennis Wideman is my nomination. He can't pivot fast enough

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
In your opinion who are the worst skaters in the NHL (not speed but actual technique / skating skills) and why?

You can post video evidence to support your claims

Anders Lee maybe? great season and all but man you would think he would be a natural skater considering the type of athlete he is..

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I find that Hall is one of the best power skaters in the league so this is strange to read.

Dennis Wideman is my nomination. He can't pivot fast enough

Yes, but Hall gets a bit too low.......and he looks like a dork

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad