"Worst" series that went 6-7 games

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
Obviously I'm biased, but Stars/Devils 2000 was a nailbiter. Outside of game 1, it wasn't high scoring but you have to give credit to Ed Belfour who had been a stalwart those playoffs. Couple of evenly matched clubs and a couple of long OT games to cap it off. Thought 2003 Sens/Devils was pretty good, albeit not sure how it was a for a neutral observer. Ottawa OT win in game 6 and the Devils getting the game winner with a couple minutes left in regulation in game 7 probably aged me a little bit.

2001 Avs/Devils on the other hand was a weird series. While I've admittedly conveniently forgotten most of the details, I don't remember any of the individual games being good. And I definitely agree with 2003 Ducks/Devils being a tough watch outside of the sloppy game 5 and Kariya's moment in game 6.

I don't have a dog in the fight of the devils early 2000's 'near dynasty' teams. That being said I thought the stars were one of the most brutal boring teams of that era matched up against the 2000 devils, while more exciting then 1995 or 2003 weren't exactly a high flying team. I wasn't a fan of the 2000 series.... Or any series involving the Hitchcock stars honestly which were even more boring then Lemaire's devils, the difference being Hitch actually had a ton of firepower on those stars teams.

2001 though I remember being a solid final.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I don't have a dog in the fight of the devils early 2000's 'near dynasty' teams. That being said I thought the stars were one of the most brutal boring teams of that era matched up against the 2000 devils, while more exciting then 1995 or 2003 weren't exactly a high flying team. I wasn't a fan of the 2000 series.... Or any series involving the Hitchcock stars honestly which were even more boring then Lemaire's devils, the difference being Hitch actually had a ton of firepower on those stars teams.

The 2000-01 Devils (basically an extension of the 2000 Cup team) led the NHL in goals with 295; Even more impressive given that Jason Arnott and Scott Niedermayer held out for the first twenty games. While they lacked a trademark offensive forward, that was a deep squad.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What about Edmonton-Chicago 1990?

Went 6 games, but save for Messier’s sensational showing in game 4, did anything notable happen the rest of that series?

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
What about Edmonton-Chicago 1990?

Went 6 games, but save for Messier’s sensational showing in game 4, did anything notable happen the rest of that series?

That's another one I remember being tough and hard hitting. Any series with Keenan coaching was usually pretty entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad