Worst Season Post-Lockout?

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Worst season since the lockout is probably the season that had a half-lockout. Objectively it was just a waste of time, where the league tried to save face or whatever.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No, it was in 2012. He won the Hart and Pearson in 2009 and scored 110 points.

After their elimination at the hands on Montreal in 2010, the Capitals focused on becoming more of a defensive team and he fell off his peak form. Then he led the NHL in goals again in 2013.

You're right. I was thinking 65 goals. He had that one season where he had over 60 goals. And that's what I meant that Caps team was weak and beat one of the supposedly stronger teams in the playoffs in an ugly first round then lost in another ugly first round to the Rangers.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was at a restaurant and all of the guys (and my wife - huge hockey fan) had left their dates in the booths to crowd around the bar as both teams kept scoring again and again and again.

Both goalies were absolute trash.

We were like, playoff hockey?

Somehow a season where scoring was one of the lowest in history brought us the most high scoring playoff series in history.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Worst season since the lockout is probably the season that had a half-lockout. Objectively it was just a waste of time, where the league tried to save face or whatever.

Leafs fans should praise that as the best season....it prevented them from owning the longest playoff drought in history (they would never have survived the whole season and hung on)

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Yourself

Oct 12, 2010

That was easily one of my favourite seasons to watch. Games mattered a lot more and you got closer to what playoff hockey is during the regular season. Much better product overall and I would be happy if they lowered the amount of games of the regular season if it meant we got better hockey like that.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
2011-2012 is definitely one of the worst years of hockey I can remember. The only redeeming quality of that year was the Playoff Photoshop Thread which was absolutely incredible.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
2005-06 saw the debuts of Crosby and Ovechkin, but it also saw the Hurricanes beat the 8 seed Oilers in the SCF, and seemingly unlimited power plays because of all the penalties being called.

OK so? That Oilers run is still one of the most memorable underdog runs in NHL history and that series is still regarded as one of the best SCFs since the lockout in terms of the actual play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad