Worst goal challenge/sequence in the last month?

Which was the worst?

• Total voters

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
I thought there was one. In a game where the Leafs faced the Senators. Or, was it when they faced the Canadiens?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
To be fair there were actually a lot of candidates but I put the four I feel were the most flagrant. I could have also put the Neal stick swing and other ones in there.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
The fact that the Krejci goal counted and the Strome/Matthews goals didn't makes me want to light myself on fire and jump off a cliff

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
If we're talking goal challenges (regardless of result)- the Hawks-Leafs goal was worst than the Avs-Leafs goal (which could be acceptable depending on some precedent)

But between the three you posted, the Bruins/Bruins challenge is the most comical.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The Matthews no goal - Chicago goal in back to back games was probably the worst from a Leafs fan perspective. The St Louis one straight up was the worst though
Don't forget in that same game against Chicago the Leafs had a Connor Carrick goal disallowed when JVR lightly trips Jeff Glass who was at the edge of his crease and went down very easily trying to draw a call.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
All four appear to be the right call.
Two of them skated into the goalie and caused a goal.
One player was pushed in.
And the other was a loose puck scramble.

Just because fans want to jump on the refs doesn't mean they never made the right calls.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
All four appear to be the right call.
Two of them skated into the goalie and caused a goal.
One player was pushed in.
And the other was a loose puck scramble.

Just because fans want to jump on the refs doesn't mean they never made the right calls.
Looking at the calls which went against Toronto and the recent calls from last night which were all still deemed to be good goals, it's hard to swallow knowing all that after the fact.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
The Krejci goal last night is the worst call IMO, the Matthews no-goal is right behind it.

The Strome goal probably should have counted, but you can definitely see how Rittich was affected by his stick being hit, so I don't think it's ridiculous to get called off. The Caggiula goal was rightly called off, no way that should stand.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
The first 3 are equally bad calls. I'm an Oil fan, so I'll go with McDavid. If it were multiple choice I'd choose all of the first 3.
When BS like that can happen so often you wonder how the NHL has lasted for as long as it has.
No apologies from the NHL and no explanation.
People criticise McDavid for pointing upstairs, damn straight your pointing upstairs.
Get these officials out of the league NOW.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
That Boston goal just seems unjustifiable. It doesn’t make sense that it was allowed especially after review

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Looking at the calls which went against Toronto and the recent calls from last night which were all still deemed to be good goals, it's hard to swallow knowing all that after the fact.

I understand how fans are kinda pissed off but they are actually different situations. The only one I think they got wrong was Neil breaking his stick over Hellybuck's mask. No idea how that stood up. The rest I think were the right calls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad