Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 2004 Alexandre Picard

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

It took me forever, but I found. I know hindsight is 20/20, but what was Dougie Mac thinking? And just wait until the Foote presser.

He turned down a trade opportunity for prime Pronger because he didn't want to give up Picard. That's incredible.

Reactions: MissADD

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
But I tend to agree with CBJW on the hype around Filatov making him a bigger bust. But he was a better player than Picard.
The thing is Filatov truly had talent, he even started his tenure with CBJ quite impressive scoring a hat trick, and then, his personal issues along with mistreatment by the coaching stuff led to his regression

Reactions: MissADD

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Forgot about Brule. He never had a chance with that regime. Throw him behind Picard for #3 biggest bust. I could make a case for second due to his hype and what happened at the draft (with Doug over ruling his head scout).

I still can’t believe people are picking Picard over Filatov. People must not remember Filatov’s hype.
Oh I remember the hype, it even looked liked he might delivery on that hype. As other have stated, non hockey reason played into his downfall. He was at least traded for a pick that turned into a guy that did something (yes it was just in the minors, but that cup run helped some young guys who helped the Jackets.) Picard was crap, was traded for crap and could have been traded for something great. Thanks again Dougie Mac. Someone should start a thread of the dumbest things he did as GM here.

He turned down a trade opportunity for prime Pronger because he didn't want to give up Picard. That's incredible.
Yes. Dougie Mac is something else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad