• Alexander Semin 7.000M 5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Ladd 5.500M 7 years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Parise is 34 and has 7 more years at 7,5 per. All that with a NMC. He's broken 60pts once in the last 6 years.

I like that, he's quietly a really bad contact right now (I never hear about the Wild unfortunately). Although there was a reasonning behind that monstruous contract (him and Suter would be the faces of the Franchise and the Wild would have 2 star players locked for YEARS).

But I really hate Alzner's contract, it was just so bad Alzner had set no precedent to have that kind of contract...

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Wade Redden should be running away with this. Dude got waived 2 years into a 6 year 39M deal

Reactions: iSophagus

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Rangers signed Redden to a six year deal at $6.5

He only played 156 games over two years with the Rangers.

Semin was pretty close but he at least produced offensively a little.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I understand you guys like to laugh at Price's contract, but once again, it is nowhere near as bad as some of the ones still remaining. You're telling me you'd rather take Parise's, Phaneuf's, Lucic's or Richards' contracts over Price? Thats BS
Tbh the only reason he’s here is because I had multiple requests for him to be, I did not originally want him in lol.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The result of this poll is frankly ludicrous right now.

Don't get me wrong Parise's contract is hardly the model of what you want for a franchise, but he still produces like a good top 6 Winger when he's on the ice. There are a handful of contracts on this list of players that their fans hate seeing on the ice, or the players were complete liability within a year of signing massive deals. The problem with Parise is he missing 10-25 (or 40 like this year). We just want him on the ice more.

He played half a season still had better numbers than Laad, Lucic, Ericksson, and Backes. Seabrook has 6 years left at almost as big of a caphit and is a borderline liability whenever he steps on the ice.

Personally, give me Parise playing 40-70 games at a good caliber over any of those players 82. And if we don't get to account for injuries, how is Horton's contract not one of the worst ever for CBJ?

Parise is 34 and has 7 more years at 7,5 per. All that with a NMC. He's broken 60pts once in the last 6 years.

This quote is probably why Parise is going to lose, and it's a bit misleading in that it implies Parise isn't productive.

Parise was brought to MN to put pucks in the net, and he's done that very well. He's scored 25 + goals 4 seasons out of 6(i'm counting his 18 in 48 lockout season). He paced for 30 last year once he came back from back surgery. Leaving one season season where he wasn't great (but still potted 20) while struggling with the back injury and having a weird recurring Strep Throat issue.

He plays netfront/goal line on the Minnesota PP, which for the systems that have been run isn't one that has lended itself towards getting a lot of assists.

TL/DR- Parise is still a good player when he plays, which isn't something that can be said for half or more of that list. It's not a great contract, but hardly the 8th worst ever.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
How has Vinny Lecavalier still not made it onto this poll and realistically should be near the top of the votes, he was bought out after year 4 of a 11 year deal at 7.2M AAV

OP is sticking to this list. No one will be added. If that's the way he wants to do it, that's his call.

The real problem is with Gomez at #6, even though he did exactly what was expected of him for the first 3 seasons of his contract. And the team that signed him to that contract, NYR, got a great trade return on the guy. He had one truly bad season, then an injury plagued bad season, and was bought out painlessly.

And this poll being split between Price and Parise is silly. Both are still fully capable of doing the jobs they were signed to do. Overpaid, maybe. But some on the list were "paid to leave" kind of bad at their job.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Mike Richards needs to be getting more votes for his 12 year 5.75M deal.

The AAV looks small compared to modern contracts but at the time it represented 11.5% of the total salary cap. In modern terms that would be over $9M for 12 years which is bonkers.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Agreed- but the crowd here is too young for anything before the salary cap.

Back then, when there was no cap, the teams didnt get handcuffed by theese contracts. You could still be compeeting for a cup even if you had a boatload of bad contracts...

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Back then, when there was no cap, the teams didnt get handcuffed by theese contracts. You could still be compeeting for a cup even if you had a boatload of bad contracts...
Doesn’t mean the contracts weren’t egregiously bad. Holik and Lapointe didn’t deserve to be paid that much. Also, while there was not a salary cap, most teams had internal operating budgets.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Some of those contract aren't that bad.

I'd take some of those contract over Alzner.

At least those players were good for a good part of their contract. (Yashin, Gomez, Parise)

Can't say the same about Alzner, Finger, Clarksson

Even DiPietro contract was somewhat inventive.

4.5M for a #1 goalie isn't a lot.

Things didn't go as they wanted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad