• Brandon Dubinsky 5.850M 6 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Troy Brouwer 4.500M 4 years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I guess it depends on how you define "worst". Jeff Finger's contract obviously wasn't the most damaging to a team compared to a lot of these other ones, but it was the most unfathomable. Somehow the ineptitude of (most likely) signing the wrong player (seems like they thought Finger was Kurt Sauer) is more excusable than giving that kind of contract to Finger if they actually valued him correctly. The cap hit is equivalent to $4.9 million on today's cap.

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I guess it depends on how you define "worst". Jeff Finger's contract obviously wasn't the most damaging to a team compared to a lot of these other ones, but it was the most unfathomable. Somehow the ineptitude of (most likely) signing the wrong player (seems like they thought Finger was Kurt Sauer) is more excusable than giving that kind of contract to Finger if they actually valued him correctly. The cap hit is equivalent to $4.9 million on today's cap.

Yeah. I'm inclined to go with Jeff Finger here, for just how bizarre and totally out of whack with his value it was at the time. Some of the others might be more damaging overall because of their size, but most of those are at least on players that are, or were at least decent players. The Jeff Finger contract what like, "what the heck, are you sure that's who you meant to sign to that contract, or did you get him mixed up with somebody else?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad