Worst breakdown of famous music bands

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think the Tyler/Perry battles in the late 70's into the early 80's were pretty bad--the entire band went over a cliff (Aerosmith)

Kinks-- Dave and Ray make the Gallagher brothers look like amatuers when it comes to causing trouble, doing hard drugs, getting banned from america for 7 years and the list goes on

Smashing Pumpkins==you want to piss off old Baldy? Mention D'Arcy and watch him flip out

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I think any band that involved Richie Blackmore has to be on the list. I forget which member of Deep Purple it was who questioned how someone could be such an amazing guitar player, and such a terrible human being.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
My favorite rock-star break-down story (not sure if all the details are right) is probably Ginger Baker more or less causing Cream's break-up, recklessly spending all his earnings buying ponies, bankrupting his family and leaving them in a lifetime of debt while he takes off without a word to Africa in order to have fun playing drums with Fela Kuti, eventually returning to re-connect with his family by playing drums with his son, only to end up flipping him off and telling him that he totally sucks at playing drums and isn't worth his time while he leaves them in shambles a second time and lives the rest of his life as a hermit.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
My favorite rock-star break-down story (not sure if all the details are right) is probably Ginger Baker more or less causing Cream's break-up, recklessly spending all his earnings buying ponies, bankrupting his family and leaving them in a lifetime of debt while he takes off without a word to Africa in order to have fun playing drums with Fela Kuti, eventually returning to re-connect with his family by playing drums with his son, only to end up flipping him off and telling him that he totally sucks at playing drums and isn't worth his time while he leaves them in shambles a second time and lives the rest of his life as a hermit.

He sounds like a narcissistic asshole lol.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Peter Green went nuts and Fleetwood Mac went on to global superstardom in his absence.

Discovered LSD, wore robes and left the band to join a commune.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think any band that involved Richie Blackmore has to be on the list. I forget which member of Deep Purple it was who questioned how someone could be such an amazing guitar player, and such a terrible human being.

let me put a little twist on this

I did not ask the question but the person I was did. Blackmore does some interesting things here in the UK at different festival and we some how ended up in the performers tent and there was in an impromptu q and a going on between performers, My buddy was and is still is part of a semi-famous band that had some hits. He asked Blackmore about his bad reputation and Blackmore did not bark but he said "I hate playing the same three f***ing cords every night. Other people are willing to be bored as long as they get their money. That is not me and I do not care if I piss people off by pushing them to do more than what they think they can do"

that cat is different

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad