Worse Decade for this Franchise? The 1980’s or the 2010’s?

Worse Decade for this Franchise? The 1980’s or the 2010’s?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Now I wasn’t alive during the 80’s, the most I can glean from how bad that era was are horror stories from old people alive who actively watched the team and looking back at stats. It’s no secret that Harold Ballard was a curse on this franchise.

However, the 2010’s now have to rank up there as one of the most pathetic decades for a professional hockey team. With our elimination yesterday, we’ll have gone the whole decade without one playoff series win. I THINK only one other team can make that claim to shame (pretty sure I read us and one other team, can’t remember).

The late 2000’s had bad times but at least the early part of the decade had a few good runs. Same with the early 90’s, and there was also one more added run in ‘99.

Again, I really can’t properly compare the ‘80s and ‘10s, but I have to imagine it’s close. We got to watch this franchise give up two very high draft picks at the start, witnessed a historic playoff collapse, and while the latter part of the decade has yielded some fantastic young talent, they couldn’t do much of anything in the playoffs, maybe they will in the ‘20s.

So yeah, I guess for people who were there (and anyone who want but still feels like they can chime in) which decade was worse for this franchise?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
They may have made the playoffs more often in the 1980's but the teams were a consistent mess: disorganized, undisciplined and always bottom 10 in the league. Not once did they win more games than they lost in the 11 seasons that spanned that decade. They botched high draft picks and exposed several young promising players far too early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad