Worries ...

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
How would you rank your worries among those group of players ?

Please rank from least worried (best) from most worried (worst) :

- Top 6 (O)
- Bottom 6
- Top 3 (D)
- Bottom 3 (D)

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
In order to win a cup?

- Top 6 (O) need more scoring power
- Top 3 (D) Subban Markov + x
- Bottom 3 (D) Emelin Gilbert Weaver Beaulieu Tinordi
- Bottom 6 Fine like that if we would add a top line player.

Last edited:

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
-Bottom 6 (O)
-Top 3 (D)
-Bottom 3 (D)
-Top 6 (O)

Last year, our offensive production was terrible until we got Vanek. We didn't replace Vanek. We're now relying on DD playing consistant and not hitting a drought, Galchenyuk and Gallagher getting break out seasons, Parenteau meeting expectations and Sekac (if he's in out top 6) to adapt and keep up the NHL pace.

To many big "IF"s...

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto

- Top 6 (O)
- Bottom 6
- Top 3 (D)
- Bottom 3 (D)

I'd add power play as the #1 concrn.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

- Top 6 (O)
- Bottom 6
- Top 3 (D)
- Bottom 3 (D)

I find it hard to be that broad...

I like the 4th line but worried about the 3rd.

The Desharnais line should be fine but need more regular production from 14-27-11.

Subban and Markov are studs but how will Emelin or Gilbert step up as #3-4.

Beaulieu and Weaver I'm not worried.

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
I have 2 worries:

- Gilbert
- Parenteau

Thats it

Parenteau i will agree....
Gilbert on the other hand, I think he will surprise us.
He wont be anything special, but I think he's just going to be a steady all around good defenseman.
He wont excel at anything, but i dont think he will hurt you either.

Ihatekessel

Feb 24, 2014
Thunder Bay
My big concern is our top 6........Can they score enough. Plekanec with the Gally's ???? Plekanec looked like a black hole offensively last season........just hope he doesn't impede the progress of the youngsters......offensively.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
#1 worry: coach
#2 worry: middle-pairing D (Emelin and Gilbert)
#3 worry: scoring (coach plays a role in this, though)

Least worry: Goaltending
I agree with you across the board.

The coach is the biggest problem facing this team. And it's scary because we've actually got a good roster right now. I hate how he's derailing some players and favouring others. It's a big problem.

Also, I don't get why we'd put Emelin and Gilbert together. I missed the preseason so I didn't know that was a pairing.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

The coach is the biggest problem facing this team. And it's scary because we've actually got a good roster right now. I hate how he's derailing some players and favouring others. It's a big problem.

Also, I don't get why we'd put Emelin and Gilbert together. I missed the preseason so I didn't know that was a pairing.

It's less the favouring of players and more the reliance on dump and chase. Montreal is built to be a fast transition team. Quick passes, quick skating. Stop pretending they're a team that gets by on going into the corners.

Therrien proved in 2013 that he can coach a puck-possession system, he has to be more new MT and less old MT who had Malkin and Crosby doing the ol' dump and chase.

Coaching is still the biggest concern, followed by the top-9 and the 2nd pairing D.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009

Emelin/PK and Markov/Gilbert were the pairings 5 on 5 all preseason. I'd like to think that they will play more aggressively and not sit back like they did most of last season until the Tbay series started. The defence is a different group that has excellent puck moving ability on each pairing, so it will be a failure of epic proportions if this team is going to consistently chip it off the glass and out every time. I'd like to think they let go of Gorges/Murray/Bouillion and replaced them with Gilbert/Beaulieu/Tinordi for that reason. But I also share concerns over coaching, including the power play that was less than impressive last season.

5 on 5 scoring also a major concern.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Coaching is the least of my worries. Guy rubs me the wrong way but the team shows up to play every night and he's done better with this team than anyone else in recent memory. Takes a bottom feeder and brings them to the top of the conference his first year and 100 points his second and a ECF appearance. Even had his name mentionned for the Jack Adams the first year. He got 26 votes for the Jack Adams that year and finished 4th. I guess the experts in here know better than those 26 people though. Having said that it doesn't mean they can't work on a few things. Speaking of, scoring goals, the PP are really my two main concerns. Can they adjust a few things? Sure, but you adjust those as a team and everyone needs to pitch in (players and coaches). But to try and argue that coaching is a main concern for this team is a bit weird. It's not like he'll go from 2 great seasons to dragging this team through the dirt overnight and he's shown absolutely no signs of losing the room. In fact this team looks more like a team than they have in years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad