World U17 Hockey Challenge Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
All the rosters have been posted here.

I'm surprised that neither Peter Mueller or Chad Morin who are playing up with the U18 team are included on the US roster. I thought they'd be there for sure.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
It's a strong yet unspectacular age group for Finland and they're sending a competitive team with the exceptions of a couple of a key forwards missing.

The players' sizes are royally messed up though, there are players whose height is off by five inches.

MaV

Jun 23, 2002
Laituri said:
The players' sizes are royally messed up though, there are players whose height is off by five inches.

Last year, I think, everyone in Finnish roster was listed smaller than they actually are. I guess they used the same formula/person, at least when I saw the rosters the guys I know of were too small again.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Mueller was asked but turned it down. Seems he is too good to play for the U17 team. The have a very good defensive group so I don't think Morin was asked.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
bigd said:
Mueller was asked but turned it down. Seems he is too good to play for the U17 team. The have a very good defensive group so I don't think Morin was asked.

I figured they might not have needed Morin. It's too bad about Mueller though. I was looking forward to seeing how he would compare to his own age group. I hate when players turn down invites to tournaments like this without a good reason for doing so. Maybe the fact that he gets to wear the USA jersey during every game makes him forget that it's supposed to be an honor to play for his country.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Rumor has it that Kyle Okposo may join the team for that tournament.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
cagney said:
I figured they might not have needed Morin. It's too bad about Mueller though. I was looking forward to seeing how he would compare to his own age group. I hate when players turn down invites to tournaments like this without a good reason for doing so. Maybe the fact that he gets to wear the USA jersey during every game makes him forget that it's supposed to be an honor to play for his country.

There is nothing wrong with a kid declining the opportunity and giving another player a chance. Maybe he wants a break for a little bit. Maybe he wants to spend a little more time with his family during the holidays. It could be a number of reasons that are legitimate to him.

Considering Mueller will have played in the USA program for three years before he graduates high school, I am sure he is well aware of the honor in representing his country. That doesn't mean he has to do it every single time. Give the kid a break.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
PuckFan01 said:
There is nothing wrong with a kid declining the opportunity and giving another player a chance. Maybe he wants a break for a little bit. Maybe he wants to spend a little more time with his family during the holidays. It could be a number of reasons that are legitimate to him.

Considering Mueller will have played in the USA program for three years before he graduates high school, I am sure he is well aware of the honor in representing his country. That doesn't mean he has to do it every single time. Give the kid a break.

You're right, I wasn't being particularly fair with my comments. I guess I was just looking forward to him being there.

bigd said:
Rumor has it that Kyle Okposo may join the team for that tournament.

I was wondering if he'd be available because s-sm's prep team doesn't have any games scheduled at that time. It would be nice to see what he can do.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
He didn't decline to give another kid a shot. He has an attitude and I can assure you he won't be back next year to play on the U18's again. He thinks he is too good! I wouldn,t be surprised if he blows off Minnesota and goes to the WHL.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
bigd said:
He didn't decline to give another kid a shot. He has an attitude and I can assure you he won't be back next year to play on the U18's again. He thinks he is too good! I wouldn,t be surprised if he blows off Minnesota and goes to the WHL.

If his attitude is so bad, then why do they continue to play him a lot? Its not like he would be the first kid asked to leave that program for attitude issues.

What is your ax to grind with him? I get the feeling your comments are aimed at him for more personal reasons than anything else. :rolleyes:

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I have no personal axe to grind hear other than the fact that I feel he should help the U17 team win a world championship. He is the best 88 in the country and USA hockey has treated him as such. He owes it to the program to play in that tournament but maybe he is afraid that if he plays poorly his rating will fall.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I read on another board that Okposo will be with the US team.

Any reports on todays exhibition games?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The US beat Quebec in exhibition play 4-1 yesterday. I'll post details when I get them.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
cagney said:
The US beat Quebec in exhibition play 4-1 yesterday. I'll post details when I get them.
Stats are posted. Erick Johnson had a good game for USA. A goal and two assists.
Too bad Mueller didn't accept the invited. Mueller, Okposo, and Flynn were a beast of a line at the USA festival this past summer!

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
bigd said:

he wont. he's going to Minnesota because thats where all his friends play...by the bye, kessel is one of his friends and is looking to commit to a college....

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
pavel datsyuk said:
he wont. he's going to Minnesota because thats where all his friends play...by the bye, kessel is one of his friends and is looking to commit to a college....
Where will he play next year? He is going to Minnesota in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad