World Legends Hockey League execs meet with Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Rene Fasel.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Don't know that this deserves a thread of its own but didn't know where else to put it. Well actually it has a thread. Didn't know how else to point to it.

World Legends Hockey League execs meet with Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Rene Fasel.

Interesting idea. Something like the Senior Golf Tour (yes, I know it has another name now. I just refuse to recognize it. :laugh:)

I have heard for 50+ years how hockey players have a hard time with retirement. Hockey has been a huge part of their lives since they were -5 YO. Suddenly at 30, 35, 40 it is just gone. They can watch but they can't play. They are not good enough for the top levels anymore and they are too good for rec leagues. Could be very good for the players and fun for fans.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2131779

Last edited:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Sounds like a great idea, assuming they are prepared to play smaller markets and not make much (if any) money. In an already overcrowded pro sports market, they will need to find a market niche that works for them.

There has been leagues and tournaments like this before. There used to be an original six legends tournament back in the 80's. It even had TV coverage, but thats about all I remember.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad