World Juniors

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I just read on the Athletic, that they may be in jeopardy. They were supposed to be in Edmonton but like everywhere else their covid numbers are spiking. It’s not the reasonably safe place it was when they started the NHL playoffs. I’m not sure how other countries feel about sending their kids here now. It would be a shame if they got cancelled in a year Sweden might have 6-7 Wings on it.

Reactions: hkydave04

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Play offs were successful. Just teams no fans . I don't know how they going to do regular season. Wonder if we not going to have season we probably going to draft again 1 to 4 next summer

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
They have a 99.94 percent chance of dying. I bet they have a higher chance of dying playing hockey than catching COVID. They'll be fine. Play on.
Let’s hope no team has any coaches/staff over the age of like 50. Or anyone with a health condition that’s known or unknown. Or brings parents/grandparents. Etc.

The WJC is not an important event. If it can’t be done in a way that’s 100% safe, don’t do it.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Sure sounds like it's happening to me :

The tournament, which runs through Jan. 5, 2021, will be held at Rogers Place in Edmonton, without fans in attendance, in a secure-zone bubble similar to what the NHL used for the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

"A tremendous amount of planning has been underway for almost two years and announcing the schedule signifies how close we are to puck drop," said Riley Wiwchar, executive director of the 2021 WJC organizing committee. "After announcing the return of the tournament last month, there is a feeling, even knowing there won't be fans in the building, of excitement and anticipation across the province and extending across the country as fans get set to cheer on the future stars of the game."

Article posted October 20th, 2020 SOURCE

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Folks, we all know covid is just a reality of the world we're living in. There is a thread for talk about covid, please take talk about it there. When it relates to world juniors, only talk about how it is relating to the hockey tournament.

Talk about infection rates, the spanish flu, mortality rates, whatever else does not belong here. When in doubt, take it to the covid thread. Future posts may just be deleted for the sake of brevity and easiness of clean-up.

Reactions: ricky0034

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
So we have about 6-7 prospects that are serious threats to make Swedens roster. Mastro. will be a possible for the USA. Who else?

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
They all sound like legitimate possibilities for their respective countries. That’s about a dozen hopefuls. I wonder what the record is for most representatives by team

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
So we have about 6-7 prospects that are serious threats to make Swedens roster. Mastro. will be a possible for the USA. Who else?

I dont know about that anymore with Grewe and Neiderbach not getting invited to the 4 nations tournament. Sounds like itll be Raymond, Johansson, Soderblom and Wallinder with Berglund having a chance.

Other teams would have Seider as a lock, Mastrosimone as a lock, Bednar a lock, Tuomisto a lock, and Viro with a good chance I think.

If I had to bet I would say 8 prosects end up playing

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Read that Sebrango was invited to Canada's camp. Obviously he's a long shot for that team, but just an invitation is a credit to him. Good sign.

This could be an amazing WJC if NHL guys all end up loaned out. Dach is going. Assuming that it goes ahead.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Read that Sebrango was invited to Canada's camp. Obviously he's a long shot for that team, but just an invitation is a credit to him. Good sign.

This could be an amazing WJC if NHL guys all end up loaned out. Dach is going. Assuming that it goes ahead.

Yeah the fact that he was invited is a good sign. He's not making the team this year, but if all goes well he could sneak his way onto the 2022 team.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Happy Halloween

upload_2020-10-30_21-18-35.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad