World Juniors Hockey Championships 2011: Aftermath – Should Canada Be Concerned?

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
World Juniors Hockey Championships 2011: Aftermath – Should Canada Be Concerned?

Not a lot new here, admittedly - thought I'd share to ensure this quick take perspective heard.

Canada’s third period collapse against Russia in the gold medal game is now not so ancient history. Executing three valiant comebacks in three consecutive elimination games, the Russians have to be commended for showing the heart and determination their international squads have recently sorely lacked all too often at various levels of play – from the juniors to the Olympics.

Team Canada played a near perfect game against a strong USA team in the semi-finals...

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Hasn't this dead horse been beaten enough in the WJC section?

It really doesn't need to be brought over here too.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
Canada should definitely be concerned that Jeff Skinner unexpectedly made the NHL when he could have been helping the world junior team instead. :sarcasm:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
It was a 3rd period collapse in one game, hardly something to make you worried about the state of a program in general. NHL teams collapse in the 3rd period of games all the time, it happens. Also, as the article indicates, guys like Duchene, Hall, Skinner, Seguin, Kane, etc. were only not playing because they were way too good.

The article itself basically says "no, Canada should not be worried," and I agree.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
No.
I mean... The dynasty Oilers lost a round in 1986, and they were still the best damn team in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad