World Juniors 2016 - No Habs prospects

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's that time of the year!

Lineups are now officials for quite a few teams.....will be a strong WJC this year. USA with quite a few surprising decisions. Though, as far as the WJC, and NOT necessarily for the future, you still can have quite a few prospects of your own on a team without top 10 picks....see Boston. They have Donato (56th), Bjork (146th) and Carlo (37th) for the US. And US didn't care about 2015 picks...they have 3 of those in the backend. And 2 2016 draft eligible!!! We will see if they were dead wrong....

For Finaland, well Rantanen addition is huge. Can't wait to see Laine and Pulujarvi.

And Canada, well....still beleive that D could be their downfall. Nice forwards lineup though. Really I'm wondering what Quenneville will do...didn't think he'd made it. And Blackwood should be great.

Team to beat though is Sweden. That has to be one of the most impressive lineups I've seen. It's their tournament to lose. If Vejdemo could make it, that would be an impressive feat. 'Cause that forwards lineup is stacked!

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Would be nice to have Vejdemo make it, need some sort of hockey bright spot in the Habs world for December.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Gonna suck not having any Habs prospects to watch, so really really hoping Vejdemo plays. Hopefully, we have a good draft this year and have some players to watch next year.

It'll be nice to cheer and watch a team that can actually score anyway.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Gonna suck not having any Habs prospects to watch, so really really hoping Vejdemo plays. Hopefully, we have a good draft this year and have some players to watch next year.

It'll be nice to cheer and watch a team that can actually score anyway.

Did Juulson not make team Canada?

Last edited:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Team Canada will play soon in a Pre-tournament vs Sweden 12 ET
We will get to see Vejdemo play.

Go Canada GO
-----------------------

Vejdemo is number 11.

Last edited:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
After seeing Vejdemo getting PK time he only got 1 more shift in the 1st. I must temper my expectations :laugh:

Looks like he is on the bubble to make the team. I don't think that is a big surprise, even if he makes it the Swedish Team is deep and he would be getting 4th line minutes anyways.

1-1 after one period

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Gonna cheer for Team Canada in the Spengler Cup instead. Three former Habs in MA Bergeron, Tom Pyatt and Matt D'Agostini, all led by our future coach Guy Boucher!

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
After seeing Vejdemo getting PK time he only got 1 more shift in the 1st. I must temper my expectations :laugh:

Looks like he is on the bubble to make the team. I don't think that is a big surprise, even if he makes it the Swedish Team is deep and he would be getting 4th line minutes anyways.

1-1 after one period

Note sure if im right, but he was a 3rd liner this weeks and now a 4rd liner?

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Note sure if im right, but he was a 3rd liner this weeks and now a 4rd liner?

I didn't see the other games but the lineups I seen they had Vejdemo on the the 3rd line.

Who knows maybe he will be on there 3rd line after all. He has been getting more shifts in the 2nd so that good.

My bad for basing any opion on only one period :laugh:

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
had to miss the first half of the game today. Any comments about what has happened so far?

The Perlini-Barzal-Virtanen line is dominating.
Sweden's D is slow and awful.
William Nylander is the greatest to ever play the game.
Vejdemo not playing much, doing a fine job on Sweden's PK.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Our boy Vejdemo is really doing the most with what icetime he's getting, particularly on the PK. You have to like his speed and effort there. The game itself is pretty meh, the Swedish team is really flat and looks disinterested today. Let the real tourney begin I guess !

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Dermott is a leafs prospect, he did that on purpose obviously.

:laugh:
Juulsen would have never done that ...

I've watched most of Vejdemo games in the SHL this year and he really has a good stick. He pickpocket guys or knocks down passes at least once a game if not more.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Typical WJC game. Team A build lead. Team B chips away at lead to make a very exciting last 10 minutes of game :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad