World Junior Summer Camps

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Winnipeg jets boys combining for a goal. Roslovic carries puck all the way around the offensive zone and back out to the blue line then fires a hard pass to the side of the net to foley who redirects it in.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Roslovic to Foley (nice deflection) for a nice goal vs. Sweden. Roslovic controlled the puck, circled around the offensive zone and found Foley with good position in front of the net for a deflection.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Roslovic with a really strong period... Button highlights the strong play of both Roslovic and Foley in the 2nd, though I think it's really been Roslovic - Foley hasn't played that much.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
2 things from that video:

Man, is Roslovic quick and shifty.
Man, does Foley not care about taking a beating in front of the net in order to pot goals.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
I have to say, Parsons was lights out yesterday excluding the one easy backhander he let in. Roslovic and Foley looked great. McAvoy's hit was deadly, but clean as a whistle.

Canada had a ton of turnovers, looked like they just couldn't make anything happen at high speeds like you'd expect to see in World Juniors. Really hoping the Canadian boys develop some sort of chemistry. Obviously Nolan Patrick will make the team this winter, but were there any other significant players left out of the summer showcase for Canada and for other teams? I know Liljegren didn't play either.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
A few things I learned from watching some of the games:

1) if Erik Foley continues to play like this, he's going to have a future in the NHL. He plays just the type of game that coaches love to see. Lemieux, Lipon and Foley are all pests that aren't afraid of the front of the net and that can also put the puck in the net. Nice to have a few choices for that role.

Roslovic looked good but it sure makes you realize the difference in quality between Workd Junior caliber competition and development camp. Sometimes it's easy to get excited about all our prospects, including some B prospects, but these games remind us that very few of the development camp players will make any meaningful contribution at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad