Prospect Info: World Junior Championships 2024

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Feel a bit for Sweden. That goal from Howard off the goalies skate was unfortunate and a big momentum swing. Thought all of our guys played well.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I really thought the USA’s goaltending was going to let them down because I’ve never really been a fan of Augustine, but he was solid and Sweden gave up a couple of tough goals. Congratulations to Snuggerud and Team USA.

Reactions: mk80

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Per Corey Pronman on Twitter:

“IIHF Directorate Awards

Top Goaltender: Hugo Havelid
Top Defenseman: Axel Sandin Pellikka
Top Forward: Cutter Gauthier”

How can anyone have watched this tournament and concluded that ASP was better than Lindstein?
that is so odd. they must have let craig button pick. he keeps comparing asp to ek65 for some reason. lindstein made media all star team (with hutson), asp didn't.

on howard's first goal (to make game 2-1), lindstein and willander were on ice and got a -. Was first of tourney for either of them. they got another - on buium goal to make it 4-2. tough day for sweden, but shouldn't detract from great tourney by our guys.

Last edited:

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
I really thought the USA’s goaltending was going to let them down because I’ve never really been a fan of Augustine, but he was solid and Sweden gave up a couple of tough goals. Congratulations to Snuggerud and Team USA.

He played well enough, though Sweden really didn't have that many high danger chances. The team did a great job of keeping the swedes to the perimeter.

I haven't seen much of him before but he came across as a grade-A douche skating around taunting the crowd in the final few minutes.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Bummer that Dvorski underwhelmed, but I'll give him a pass due to this year's shenanigans. Glad to see we have some life on D though.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Per Corey Pronman on Twitter:

“IIHF Directorate Awards

Top Goaltender: Hugo Havelid
Top Defenseman: Axel Sandin Pellikka
Top Forward: Cutter Gauthier”

How can anyone have watched this tournament and concluded that ASP was better than Lindstein?
ASP was a very good PP QB but not great defensively. He finished the tourney -2. On a team that scored quite a few more goals than they allowed. Lindstein and Willander finished +9, Stenberg +7. +/- can be a flawed stat but come on. He won this on reputation.

Happy Lindstein made the media all-star team. Well deserved.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Bummer that Dvorski underwhelmed, but I'll give him a pass due to this year's shenanigans. Glad to see we have some life on D though.
Did he? Bit of a disappointing result for the Slovaks but he was clearly one of their better players. He didn’t exceed expectations like Lindstein did but I’d say he met expectations.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
what does everyone think of david carle? he seems like he did a great job with us team, has done nice job at du (where he replaced monty). if we are looking for slightly outside box hire, he could be an intriguing choice.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
what does everyone think of david carle? he seems like he did a great job with us team, has done nice job at du (where he replaced monty). if we are looking for slightly outside box hire, he could be an intriguing choice.
He put Snuggs on the 4th line. Burn him at the stake. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, he seems fine but I don’t have much of an opinion on him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
At this point I think I would only want an unproven guy at the NHL level like that if Bannister really falters and makes it clear that he’s not any good.

For now, I’m fine with sticking with Bannister for a while unless someone elite becomes available like a Jon Cooper or Brind’Amour type.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
No team could come close to matching USA's speed. The first two periods were very entertaining, and Team USA ran away with it in the 3rd.

Loved seeing what our prospects can bring to the team in the future.
Yes, USA was tough to handle because of their speed on the rush, but they were tenacious in their checking in The Neutral Zone and on the forecheck, and on defence as well. They really earned this tournament championship. I was glad to see Lindstein and Stenberg, and Snuggeruud play well, and Dvorsky played well, (especially after their first few games) despite his team not meeting expectations. That makes me feel good about the help that'll be joining The Blues over the next few years.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Going to throw out a few predictions:

USA beats Sweden for Gold
Canada beats Slovakia for Bronze
Celebrini leads the tourney in points
Kulich leads the tourney in goals
Eduard Sale will outscore Dvorsky. No, I don’t think Sale is the better prospect
Snuggerud won’t score as much as he did a year ago
Most Blues prospects in the tourney will play low key supporting roles
Looking back at my pre-tourney predictions.

-nailed the GMG
-did not nail the BMG. I figured Canada would have a down year but still good enough to medal
-nope. I was banking on Canada playing 7 games. Celebrini scored 8 pts in 5 games though, which is pretty dang good for a 17 year old
-Kulich was 1 off the lead in goals. He did score the most points though (tied with Gauthier)
-Sale scored 7 pts to Dvorsky’s 6…but it took him 2 additional games to get that 1 extra point. I’ll give myself half credit for that one
-it was going to be hard for Snuggerud to top the 13 pts he scored a year ago
-I was really only expecting Snuggs and Dvorsky to play prominent roles. Lindstein, Stenberg and even Stancl performed better and had bigger roles than I thought they would. Which is good. Glad I was wrong on that one

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Dvorsky, Pekarcik, Stenberg, Lindstein, Stancl and whoever we draft this summer. Basically, 2005 birth year and younger.
And Fischer could well make US squad after missing out this year. Not a sure thing (like the 5 you mentioned, who will all be back barring some serious regression or injury), but i would put chances at this point at better than 50/50 Fischer makes it onto US 25 squad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad