World Junior Championship - 2015

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Eichel and team USA stream on NHL.com right now. Eichel, from what I've seen has looked awesome. Great pass on the only goal, and danced around 3 or 4 fins to get a backhand pass across ice in the O-zone toward the end of the period that was mishandled by his teammate. Whenever he has the puck he controls the play.

The rest of team USA is running around all over the place. They need to get their **** together.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I've also been impressed by Larkin and Matthews. Well other than Matthews getting stripped from behind in the defensive zone.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I've also been impressed by Larkin and Matthews. Well other than Matthews getting stripped from behind in the defensive zone.

And taking 2 penalties. I don't think Matthews looks good at all. Hopefully it is only the jitters.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He should sandbag his value so he doesn't go #1, giving the Coyotes a shot at getting him without being terrible. :sarcasm:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Neither of the #1 hopefuls for next year looked that great. Matthews showed flashes, but at least he was a little better than Puiljarvi (spelling?)

I like the way the Finns play, just sit back, let the goalies do all the hard work and then try to capitalize on turnovers in the neutral zone and possibly some PP.

Slow start for the US...hopefully they'll pick it up a bit.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Nylander looks like somethin else. Fast, dangerous. Haven't really noticed Karlsson, for better or worse. Playing on Sweden's fourth line.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I have to agree, Domi looks fantastic against his peers, extremely quick with the puck and the kid has hockey IQ up the ying-yang

Can't wait to see him McEichel/Perlini as our top line, should be pretty good and fun to watch

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
McD doesn't look like he's been out for 6 weeks. He's generating something every time he has the puck on his stick. Granted the Slovaks aren't all that fast/composed in their end, but still.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
McD doesn't look like he's been out for 6 weeks. He's generating something every time he has the puck on his stick. Granted the Slovaks aren't all that fast/composed in their end, but still.

His passes are on another plane of existence thinking wise. Be nice to have him set em up on a tee for Perlini.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
It's not often two players thought of as possible generational talents meet the hype and just make it bigger. We need a top-2 pick. NEED!

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Domi back checked like a mule and goes the opposite way high glove between two d men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad