World Junior A Question involving USHL Canadian players

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
It's a question that's been in my mind for the past little while, but how come Canadian players that are playing in the USHL are never picked to represent Team Canada East or West? (depending on their place of birth/development before migrating etc.)

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
That’s a good question. I’d think that’s up to the discretion of Hockey Canada. They might want to only have kids that are playing junior A within Canada. A kid like Shane Bowers would have been good for you guys two years ago. Halifax kid that was drafted 4th overall in the Q draft and chose Waterloo in the USHL

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
That’s a good question. I’d think that’s up to the discretion of Hockey Canada. They might want to only have kids that are playing junior A within Canada. A kid like Shane Bowers would have been good for you guys two years ago. Halifax kid that was drafted 4th overall in the Q draft and chose Waterloo in the USHL

The whole purpose of the tournament was/is to showcase Canadian Junior A players and give them exposure to CHL, NCAA and NHL scouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad