World Jr Thread: All WJC talk here

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Glad to see Freddy make it!!

He will provide absolutely zero offence, but you can see he has a possession game and size. If he touches somebody they go flying.

Anyways, absolute tragedy that MDC and Fleury get cut. MDC didnt have a good game today but has a high skill level we need. Will be this years "Max Domi". And Fleury's smoothness will be missed when Nurse, Bowey and Morin are coughing up pucks in the middle of the ice

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I thought both Gauther and Valiev had good games, glad to see Freddy made the team. He was excellent on faceoffs and along the wall tonight.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Dickenson, Dal Colle, Fleury and Chartier were all cut tonight for those that missed it

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
freddy looked good tonight. earned his spot over the other bubble boys playing tonight, at least.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Freddy the GOAT still looks the same as I remember him. Raw, lanky, slow, yet surprising acceleration and top seed, a kind of flailing style of play, yet he reads the ice very well.

He is a fun prospect to watch despite being slotted as a 3C ceiling. I think he has a ton of development left and its still hard to say what he could be. He should fit right in on the marlies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Gauthier's play making and vision is HIGHLY underrated IMO. He's very good at making smart short passes to open players, that will translate better in the NHL.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Gauthier's play making and vision is HIGHLY underrated IMO. He's very good at making smart short passes to open players, that will translate better in the NHL.

if u watched that game close .....gauthier owned the face off circle ,and in all honeststy was one of canadas stronger players ....he earned it .....bobby mac and ferraro were watching a different game ....a guy win 7 -8 faceoffs is not only a lock .hes woth his weight in gold
good job freddy ,dam linebacker on skates,

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
that feel when you are cheering for the leafs top prospect over you nation because leafs>nation.... (well except for olympics)

CalgaryLeaf*

Let's hope that Gauthier plays more than 4-5 minutes a game...If he doesn't I don't see a great future for him in the NHL...Perhaps a 4th line checker some day is his ceiling.

Number13

May 21, 2007
Let's hope that Gauthier plays more than 4-5 minutes a game...If he doesn't I don't see a great future for him in the NHL...Perhaps a 4th line checker some day is his ceiling.

You're totally right. Our 19 year old first round pick's whole future is riding on whether he gets over 5 minutes in the WJC's. Said it perfectly, good job.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Now that we're not dressing a goon line, I could see him starting his NHL career on our fourth line behind Holland. A guy that good on draws needs to stay in the middle.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
that feel when you are cheering for the leafs top prospect over you nation because leafs>nation.... (well except for olympics)

Its always this way for me. My interest in this tournament is solely in our prospects, and I detest the way TSN shoves it down our throats. That and the hockey "fans" whom suddenly come out of the wood work and talk about these kids like they actually know something about them. Meanwhile, they couldnt name any kid on team Canada's roster before the start of the tournament.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

.......you realize how much ice time he gets in this tournament has nothing to do with NHL career, right?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
freddy looked good tonight. earned his spot over the other bubble boys playing tonight, at least.

The Canadian national junior team made its final cuts on Friday night following a 2-1 pre-tournament overtime loss to Russia at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

Head coach Benoit Groulx and his staff chose to release forwards Jason Dickinson of the Guelph Storm, Michael Dal Colle of the Oshawa Generals, and Rourke Chartier of the Kelowna Rockets, along with defenceman Haydn Fleury of the Red Deer Rebels.

The moves bring the roster down to 22 players, the limit that had to be reached by Christmas Day.

So Freddy G has made the final Cut.

sda

Feb 18, 2008
I couldn't agree more

Yes Fred really stepped up and played very well. His puck posession and passing were much better than I expected. He is more skilled than I thought he was

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Were all obviously biased but I honestly thought Gauthier played really well. Got some great chances but couldn't any points (which could be said for pretty much all of Team Canada last night).

Very nice to see him on the team and it was even more nice to see Team Canada use that line to finish off the periods. Basically put them on the ice for the last 1.5min and they made sure the last face off in the period was in the O zone.

I am really excited for Gauthier. Even if he doesn't get points in the NHL, and by the looks of it scoring IS NOT an issue for the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad