OT: World Cup? Wear a cup or risk getting Qatar in your soccer balls!

swordfan23

Mar 22, 2006
Buffalo
Adams could have countered with Iran's treatment of women and gay people, but he took the high road. I would have reacted differently than him 😆.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Adams could have countered with Iran's treatment of women and gay people, but he took the high road. I would have reacted differently than him 😆.
Warning - mini rant...

Major sports athletes are generally going to be the worst people to ask leading questions about how racism has negatively affected their lives. People with different cultures and backgrounds that sweat and bleed together through most of their lives, trying to accomplish the same goal, with any/all differences between them falling way down the list of priorities, in fact bringing them together in many ways, are not going to be the ones screaming "racism".

It's been my experience and I only played school, college, and amateur level sports.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That was why he was asked. The Iranian reporter was trying to defend his country given the pushback on those items by asking Adams about that topic.

There was also drama because someone on the social media team for US Soccer thought it was a good idea to photoshop the flag of Iran to remove the Islamic Republic logo from the flag ahead of the match. That caused a bit of a firestorm, as well.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
317638951_10224952824020509_4042598387410919627_n.jpg

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I'm reading this board without glasses. Makes it a little harder for me - a little blurry. Seems like that middle video in the 3-parter @Jim Bob posted... the one with the martial arts... is that an old video of Rasmus Dahlin's post-practice workout in the Ralph Krueger era???

• Haha
Reactions: Abraham de Lacy

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm reading this board without glasses. Makes it a little harder for me - a little blurry. Seems like that middle video in the 3-parter @Jim Bob posted... the one with the martial arts... is that an old video of Rasmus Dahlin's post-practice workout in the Ralph Krueger era???
Or UPL down in Rochester last season. Hard to tell.

If Germany lose today, I told myself I wouldn't run off and live in a cave for the rest of my life, but if you guys don't see me posting you'll know why.
If I am looking at it correctly, they need to win by 2 goals or more and have Spain get a result vs Japan to advance or win by 1 goal and have Spain beat Japan.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
If I am looking at it correctly, they need to win by 2 goals or more and have Spain get a result vs Japan to advance or win by 1 goal and have Spain beat Japan.
Japan wins - Germany has to beat CR by a lot to make up a 8 goal differential with Spain.
Spain wins - Germany has to beat CR by any score.
Draw - Germany has to beat CR by 2 or more to make up a 1 goal differential with Japan...or by one and win on the fair play rules (Japan and GER each have 3 yellows).

Reactions: Jim Bob

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
If Germany lose today, I told myself I wouldn't run off and live in a cave for the rest of my life, but if you guys don't see me posting you'll know why.
A knockout round with no Italy, Belgium, Germany, and Mexico would be WILD.

Re: Matt Turner - relative to the rest of the side, it's nuts the quality the USMNT has been able to field at GK

Reactions: Jim Bob

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I am far from a soccer expert and don’t watch a ton of it but the intensity in this World Cup final, especially since France scored the PK goal is insane.

Reactions: Dingo44

BuffaloSabresSword

May 11, 2011
Fotball World cup much more fun than hockey. What amazing sport . Must be the sport of the sports . Todays comparison to romans gladiator games in colosseum .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad