World Cup SF: Sep 11 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

High flyin' Habs*

3-1 Canada, Sakic scores a goal, Brodeur player of the game.

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
re

smoothskater said:
3-1 Canada, Sakic scores a goal, Brodeur player of the game.

Broduer is not playing

I'll say 5-4 Czechs in OT ... of course I predicted Germany upsetting Finland and Slovakia beating Canada also but who knows

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Canada over Finland 4-1 in the Final, as I predicted before the tourney.

And I wasn't relying on Brodeur to steal any games.

Luongo will do fine enough. Canada has the blueliners and defensive forwards to contain the top threats to a goal or two, especially with home ice advantage ont he shift changes.

I am on record as having predicted before the Sweden game a 6-1 final (close to the 6-2 actual score)!

This game: 4-2 Canada over the Czechs.

I have yet to be wrong in this tourney. I shoulda gone to a Vegas bookie.

High flyin' Habs*

quick said:
Broduer is not playing

I'll say 5-4 Czechs in OT ... of course I predicted Germany upsetting Finland and Slovakia beating Canada also but who knows

Dont go to Vegas buddy :lol .

High flyin' Habs*

VanIslander said:
Canada over Finland 4-1 in the Final, as I predicted before the tourney.

And I wasn't relying on Brodeur to steal any games.

Luongo will do fine enough. Canada has the blueliners and defensive forwards to contain the top threats to a goal or two, especially with home ice advantage ont he shift changes.

I am on record as having predicted before the Sweden game a 6-1 final (close to the 6-2 actual score)!

This game: 4-2 Canada over the Czechs.

I have yet to be wrong in this tourney. I shoulda gone to a Vegas bookie.

Thats a good prediction but something tells me that it will be a lower scoring game like 3-1 or something.

High flyin' Habs*

smoothskater said:
Thats a good prediction but something tells me that it will be a lower scoring game like 3-1 or something.

I forgot that Brodeur isnt playing :shakehead I think Canada is in a little bit of trouble.

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
I have a bad feeling about this game, I also had a bad feeling about the last game and Canada pounded the Slovaks 5-0 :lol

Really, I'm kinda scared this time around without Brodeur in net but I think we have some solid goaltending so who knows. It's gonna be 3-2 Canada.

High flyin' Habs*

Flame_Star_Devil said:
Well, they won 7-2, then 6-1, so....

Yeah well those 7-2 and 6-1 wins weren't against Canada now were they?

High flyin' Habs*

What worries me is that not having Brodeur in nets could ruin team Canada's confidence a tad.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
If history means anything, this should be a very close game.

In 2002, these teams met and it was a 3-3 draw.

In 1998, 1-1 draw after regulation and 1 period of overtime, and Czechs won in a shootout.

It may come down to who's luckier tonight...

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Funny how all the Devil fans see Brodeur is out and predict doom and gloom for Canada. We aren't putting Chris Terrerri out there.

And this won't be a 6-5 or a 5-4 game. Those predictions are way off. Canada is going to be even more solid defensively being aware that Brodeur is out, they'll be stronger on the puck in their own zone and play more man to man, which will limit their transition but also snuff out the Czech chances.

I say 3-1 Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad