World Cup: Sep 2 GDT - Russia vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
wilka91 said:
Today it was real ****** officiating again ... like Bryzgalov's imaginary delay of game!

But it doesn't matter.
The puck went from his stick directly over the glass, that's a penalty without even thinking, it's the rulebook.

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Chaos said:
But didnt we hear all through the playoffs how when Iginla *****ed and fought at the end of games Calgary was losing, it was just "sending a message".....oh wait, Iginla's canadian, so it gives him the right to do that :shakehead

Ummmm...actually there were *plenty* of people complaining about the Flames gooning it up at the end of their losses...pretty much the only people defending it were Flames fans. I think you need to refresh your memory. Plus, it's not like Tkachuk and Guerin don't have histories of being pukes out on the ice.

wilka91 said:
Today it was real ****** officiating again ... like Bryzgalov's imaginary delay of game!

That call was by the book. By NHL rules any time the goaltender plays the puck over the glass it's a delay of game penalty. I don't like the rule but you can't blame the officials for calling it, it's an obvious and automatic penalty.

Amazing how much skill the Russians still have despite missing so many players. :amazed:

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
h..l yeah he played like that in NY Rangers, Pitt Penguins and carried the Canadiens
last season. IN 11 games 10 pts : 6 goals, 4 assists.

wilka91 said:
I've never seen something like this before :bow: :amazed: :amazed:

Wanna see Canada vs. Russia, Sweden vs. Finland

good hockey is back !

Joe_Sakic#19

Joe_Sakic#19 said:
Russia outplayed the states in the 1st. Afinogenov is all over the ice, he's super quick.

3-1 Russia!

I believe I was close. :D

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
littleHossa said:
The puck went from his stick directly over the glass, that's a penalty without even thinking, it's the rulebook.

If you taped the game, you will see that it deflected off the US player's stick. I'm not kidding or posting some biased opinion. This is 100% true. Just watch the replay again.

Jovo Cop

wilka91 said:
I've never seen something like this before :bow: :amazed: :amazed:

Obviousely you never saw Guy Lafleur play in his prime as goals like that were commonplace ..this game means jack squat to the Americans ..everyone advances and if this team can put it together in the elimination round with the way Esche is playing a Canada-US final is what i am predicting ...but i am biased. :)

Oh and one more thing Flower did it all the time ..not just once in a blue moon .

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
The message board is really messed up tonight. They aren't in chronological order like the should be. Does it have something to do with the new server? :shakehead

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Full marks to the Russian team. They played with skill, tenacity, and a defensive presence. This is going to be a very short tournament for the U.S. unless they can get both their offense and defense in order. On a positive note, Esche has been outstanding. By the way: Alexei Kovalev..... :bow:

Vic Rattlehead*

Tkachuk must feel stronger :shakehead Same for Kasparaitis when he went after Blake.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Can anybody please give me a link to a complete box score for this game? I mean something that includes shots per player and plus/minus.

Thanks in advance and good night everyone!

lux_interior

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Well, the USA sucked in that game. That BS by Tkachuk at the end was stoopid. Esche looked good, except on the back-breaker by Kozlov.

On the bright side, as a Duck fan, I'm happy with Bryz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest