World Cup Rosters - Nuge named to U24 NA team. Hall not named to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
For a tournament that everyone says they don't care about I am expecting a lot of people to get really mad about it.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
There isn't a player on team canada that I would imagine most GMs wouldn't take over Hall so not surprised.

Victim of being on a bad team.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
It could be worse guys.

We could be fans of the USA with Callahan, Dubinsky, Niskanen and Jack Johnson with no Kessel, Shattenkirk, Faulk, Tyler Johnson, etc.

At least Hall missed because we just have too many great players.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Hall should absolutely be on the team. Canada will regret passing on him. Perry too. There were better options than Duchene, Giroux, and Marchand.

Nuge was expected. Congrats to him though.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Gotta think after this snub Hall is going to give no ***** about the World Championships anymore. How a guy who was a key contributor in back to back Golds can be left off for a guy like Duchene and Marchand seems ludicrous in my mind. Especially one that showed to have a ton of chemistry with a guy like Crosby.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
It could be worse guys.

We could be fans of the USA with Callahan, Dubinsky, Niskanen and Jack Johnson with no Kessel, Shattenkirk, Faulk, Tyler Johnson, etc.

At least Hall missed because we just have too many great players.

In a world where Marchand makes it over him, I wouldn't say that's accurate.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why does everybody always get surprised when Hall gets snubbed?

He has played for the worst organization in the NHL for 6 years and has had 2 straight pretty subpar seasons. Fair or not, this plays into the decision.
However, you would think that his strong performances in 2 straight World Championships would have opened up their eyes but I guess not.

I see Perry didn't make it either. Ok, that's a really odd choice. Don't know how to explain that one.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Americans have every right to be pissed too. Some truly baffling decisions on that team.

Marchand and Duchene over Hall. So gross. If I were Hall I wouldn't waste my time with any more World Championships.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I was already going to cheer for the junior team anyway but HC makes the decision easy. :D

Glad to see Giroux get his due though.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Why does everybody always get surprised when Hall gets snubbed?

He has played for the worst organization in the NHL for 6 years and has had 2 straight pretty subpar seasons. Fair or not, this plays into the decision.
However, you would think that his strong performances in 2 straight World Championships would have opened up their eyes but I guess not.

I see Perry didn't make it either. Ok, that's a really odd choice. Don't know how to explain that one.

If Hall had two subpar seasons in a row, what about Duchene? And Hall in "subpar year" (lets ignore he was one of the best players in the world for the first 50 games or so) still had a better season than Marchand in a career year he'll never repeat.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
I for sure will also be cheering against Canada and cheering for Team NA. If Hall was named, I'd probably cheer for Canada, but now that the only Oilers are on team NA, they are my team for the World Cup for sure. It's nice to see Chiarelli at least rewarded RNH for his good two way play and named him to team NA even though there were other candidates that could have challenged for that spot.

That being said I agree that players like Marchand over Hall is just absolutely mind boggling. Even Duchene...I really dislike his selfish play (seems like a bit of a puck hog to me) but I guess you can't argue it because he does get the job done and puts up points.

Here's hoping Hall has a heck of a year next year and makes Team Canada regret this decision. I really feel bad for the guy, because he's probably one of the best LWs in the league but consistently gets underrated and forgotten.

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
BS about Hall but the one I was concerned about was RNH. I figured Chia not naming him could really damage their relationship so this is good. Also shows he values what RNH brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad