World Cup of Hockey Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Good to see Couts out there though in the last minute with that type of fire power. So close to putting that one home.

Funny to hear them say Couts has been their best C at faceoffs.

I have no idea how many faceoffs he had....but he was at 83% today!

If Couts jumps up in FO% in the regular season, that would be a nice bonus for us.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I've always liked Coots as the net front presence potentially on our PP2. He was doing that on Canada's last PP. We probably don't have the man power now and he's better off on the wall, but if there's a unit with Provorov, Sanheim/Myers (maybe Sanheim and Ghost both go on PP1), Konecny, and some other skill player, it'd be a good spot.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Happy that Ghost had a great game.

It was a bit of a low key pre-tourney for him the first two games imo. He didn't start off strong this game either, but he started to do better (minus getting rag dolled by the 6'6" Hanzal on the rush lol), and then when he scored his goal, his confidence just surged and he looked like the Ghost we know.

He's just one of those players who has to play balls-to-the-wall aggressive making things happen and being assertive in every zone. The more passive or "simple" his game gets, the worse it is. His entire game revolves around being dynamic, like a Karlsson. I can understand the tentativeness though in being thrown on this team. His teammates could stand to hit him up for more looks though.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Funny to hear them say Couts has been their best C at faceoffs.

I have no idea how many faceoffs he had....but he was at 83% today!

If Couts jumps up in FO% in the regular season, that would be a nice bonus for us.

He was 10/12.

Gostisbehere led NA in TOI. 22:31.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
gchest-1.png

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I get he is a lefty & that was probably his saving grace but Murray shouldn't have been named to this team right away at least. If they would have waited I think Michael Matheson from Florida would have been a better choice in the summer.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I've always liked Coots as the net front presence potentially on our PP2. He was doing that on Canada's last PP. We probably don't have the man power now and he's better off on the wall, but if there's a unit with Provorov, Sanheim/Myers (maybe Sanheim and Ghost both go on PP1), Konecny, and some other skill player, it'd be a good spot.

Nahhh Ryan White was clearly the man for the job

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
G set Thornton up for a tip in on the PP with 5:00 left but he couldn't finish.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Thornton-O'Reilly-Giroux have been good so far

Zaitsev has been impressive for Russia

Leave it to Crosby to high-stick a ref

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I honestly find it more interesting that Team Europe has a chance to actually win a game here than the Canada/Russia game. :laugh:

They really arent a bad team. They just matched up with NA and their blazing speed really poorly.

Beating Sweden will be a hell of an accomplishment if they pull it off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad