World Cup Final: Sep 14 GDT - Finland vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Bennysflyers16 said:
I think we were being out hustled by the Czechs. If Finland gives 'er for 60 mins., who knows. As Sammi Kapanen proved in the playoffs, Finns have huge hearts and have no fear going after the big boys. Good luck !

You can say that again. A lot of people are underestimating this Finland team IMO. With a tight defensive game, anyone can win. Brodeur & Kiprusoff know this from playing with their respective NHL teams.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Canada needs to get to Kipper early which wont be easy against the Finns.I certainly hope we're not outworked like we were in the 2nd half of the Czech game.If anything that game should tell the boys in no uncertain terms that anything other than a 100% effort will not suffice against the other elite hockey nations.

Lay it on the line and i'll be happy,win and i'll be ecstatic. :D

msb

Sep 14, 2004
Viitasaari, Finland
I trust to Kipper, Saku and others. Game will be tight and I thing at 55mins game is 1-1. Hope so finnish won't take stupid penalties and referees don't solve game. Hope game will solve with playing.

HF & GL

Sorry about bad English, have dictionary but it doesn't help so much what i need :D

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
msb said:
I trust to Kipper, Saku and others. Game will be tight and I thing at 55mins game is 1-1. Hope so finnish won't take stupid penalties and referees don't solve game. Hope game will solve with playing.

HF & GL

Sorry about bad English, have dictionary but it doesn't help so much what i need :D
That's OK we got your point!

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
msb said:

HF & GL

Don't worry about it! I hope the same for Canada, that we don't take stupid penalties and that it will be an exciting game!

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
msb said:
I'm pretty sure that the referees won't *solve* the game. They will simply swallow their wistle.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
beware, beware the children of the night!

Nobody can beat us, because of our fine finnish tactics - The Finnish Pentagon. :eek:

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
6 minutes to the game and counting. Let's go Canucks, bring home the win. We need it after those Olympics. I say if Canada wants to win, we gotta fire away at Kipper and wait for the holes to open. If the Thornton line can shut down the Koivu line, I think we can pull it out. 5 minutes to the game now, see ya'll later.

HOCKEY RULES. :yo: :banana: :jump: :bow: :handclap:

chicpea*

msb said:

HF & GL

Well, Niemenen is a scratch for Hagman, so penalties may not be an issue.

Anyway, Good luck to Saku and the Fins! :) Here's hoping for a great game. Go Canada!!!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
chicpea said:
Well, Niemenen is a scratch for Hagman, so penalties may not be an issue.

Anyway, Good luck to Saku and the Fins! :) Here's hoping for a great game. Go Canada!!!

I guess Jarkko Ruutu was better.

chicpea*

Jussi said:
That Pomakov guy sure is a multilingual singer...
heh, I know! He did slovakia, Russia, Finnish and the Czechs without missing a beat. Not too shabu shabu I'd say.

chicpea*

OneMoreAstronaut said:
Terrible giveaway by Bouwmeester. Brodeur bailed you out BIG time, buddy.
Again too. He looks shaky so far.

edit: what the hell was that?!! HAHA Lemieux is so good they don't even bother passing to him on the ice anymore!:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad