GDT: World Cup - Europe vs USA [Game Ended]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
The Flames D-man?

Nope he's a UFA. Apparently the Flames won't offer him a one way deal. He's 28 and has a young family so he doesn't want to take AHL money. He could make some good coin going back to Europe but is hoping if he shows well at the World Cup somebody will offer him a contract.

He's been playing top 2 minutes, PP, PK for the Czechs. He had a good stretch at the end of the year in Calgary where it seemed he got better with more minutes. Shoots right, is better offensively than defensively and might have a tough time in the D zone sometimes but if he could help the PP why not give him a chance? I think if he looks good through the round robin he could be a fit for the Oilers on the bottom pair on the right side. Offer him a 1 year deal at $800,000 and see what he can do.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Krueger is a good coach, have to admit it. We made a mistake dumping him for Eakins. Oh well. It got us McDavid.

I wouldn't mind some of these Team Euro D ... I'd give Ehrhoff a PTO.

Issue with Krueger is that he is such a smart and well spoken guy, he would be able to climb the ladder in the org, get in Katz's ear and totally expose the incompetent OBC. Lowe and MacT recognized this and got rid of them ASAP, and when crap finally hit the fan with a couple more years of epic failure, Lowe made sure to bring in a buddy that would never turn on him in Nicholson as the guy to save the day.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Issue with Krueger is that he is such a smart and well spoken guy, he would be able to climb the ladder in the org, get in Katz's ear and totally expose the incompetent OBC. Lowe and MacT recognized this and got rid of them ASAP, and when crap finally hit the fan, Lowe made sure to bring in a buddy that would never turn on him in Nicholson as the guy to save the day.

So much right with this post.

Krugers ability and acuity represented a threat to the hangers on in this org and without the attachment.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Issue with Krueger is that he is such a smart and well spoken guy, he would be able to climb the ladder in the org, get in Katz's ear and totally expose the incompetent OBC. Lowe and MacT recognized this and got rid of them ASAP, and when crap finally hit the fan with a couple more years of epic failure, Lowe made sure to bring in a buddy that would never turn on him in Nicholson as the guy to save the day.

I can't help but laugh and just shake my head over this. Krueger gets fired from the Oilers and his next job is Chairman of a Premiership club. Katz won't fire Lowe, Mactavish or Buchberger because there is no next job for any of these guys. Just a complete joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad