World Cup Commentators??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
DtownPen66 said:
Does anyone know who will be doing the play by play for the World Cup on ESPN? Also, do you know if Cherry and MacLean will be on CBC during intermission?

I'm sure Cherry and Maclean will be on CBC, but I can't help you with ESPN, sorry. :dunno:

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
Probably Thorrrrrrrne to butcher everyone's names, even the Americans, and Clement to be completely biased against any player that doesn't play on Detroit, Dallas, Colorado, or Philly.

However, most of these games are being played outside of the US and Thorne never leaves this country.

So you'll probably see Levy/Pang and Strader/Engblom.

It'd be nice to see ESPN actually use tandems like Emrick/Resch (New Jersey) and Hahn/Remenda (San Jose) though.

Iceburgh

Dec 29, 2003
I read that Emrick (who has been broadcasting Water Polo in Athens), and Clement (who likewise has been doing Badminton) are both scheduled to call WCoH games for ESPN.

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Iceburgh said:
I read that Emrick (who has been broadcasting Water Polo in Athens), and Clement (who likewise has been doing Badminton) are both scheduled to call WCoH games for ESPN.

Thats a good point. Just ask them to stop in the Cities. Well at Least Emrick knows what he's talking about.

Nazzy-19

Mar 3, 2004
Vancouver
DtownPen66 said:
Does anyone know who will be doing the play by play for the World Cup on ESPN? Also, do you know if Cherry and MacLean will be on CBC during intermission?

Brian Burke will be helping with the CBC broadcast

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If you guys had the privilege of living in Montreal and understand French, you would had the pleasure to listen to Enrico Ciccone being the commentator for today's CZE-Fin game. Horrible is an understatement. Let's say it took me 1 minute to listen to CBC instead.

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
Oh god, not Beninati... maybe they can bring back Dwayne Roloson to do color commentary with him too... oy...

Good, I'm sorry to anyone that disagrees, but the U.S. victory in World Cup '96 wouldn't have even been half as dramatic if Emrick wasn't the one that called that game. Great to see that he will do it this year, especially when he was unable to do the '02 Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad