GDT: World Cup 2014, Brazil

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
In South America? Are you kidding me. in South America theres been cases of players killed. Sometimes by their own fans. A very famous case of a Columbian player that was executed after a bad mistake cost his team.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...oal-20-years-ago-still-resonates-in-colombia/

Several more I could recount. Also refs that have been decapitated and countless grizzly acts. Theres tons of stuff that out of basic decency and respect I won't even link. Extremely disturbing events and images.

That's a different world sometimes and that takes Football way too seriously as religion.

Why do you think all the players are nervous when one of these imbeciles are out on the pitch running around with keystone cops authority around?

Obviously something horrible could occur on the pitch with this lax security and thankfully didn't. Worst thing is this breach recurred regularly during this tournament and more than I ever recall before. how were these idiots so easily gaining access to the field and why?

Yeah Colombia could pretty much form a full team of national team players who has been murdered over the years. Sad.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
In South America? Are you kidding me. in South America theres been cases of players killed. Sometimes by their own fans. A very famous case of a Columbian player that was executed after a bad mistake cost his team.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...oal-20-years-ago-still-resonates-in-colombia/

Several more I could recount. Also refs that have been decapitated and countless grizzly acts. Theres tons of stuff that out of basic decency and respect I won't even link. Extremely disturbing events and images.

That's a different world sometimes and that takes Football way too seriously as religion.

A lot of that stuff has little to do with soccer and plenty to do with drugs, poverty and inequality and general lawlessness.

The New York Times did a great in-depth piece on the incident where the ref was decapitated in Brazil. It was a pick up game and both drugs and alcohol were factors. Not at all a case of people taking soccer too seriously.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
A lot of that stuff has little to do with soccer and plenty to do with drugs, poverty and inequality and general lawlessness.

The New York Times did a great in-depth piece on the incident where the ref was decapitated in Brazil. It was a pick up game and both drugs and alcohol were factors. Not at all a case of people taking soccer too seriously.
You are correct here. I don't have the link but the 30/30 series did a good documentary on the reasons why Escobar was murdered as well.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Yeah when referees get murdered, decapitated, dismembered, never found again due to contentious calls in south America its "not at all a case of people taking soccer too seriously" Of course except that it is.

Like I said earlier I could link a lot of stuff. All of which would be unsuitable for viewing on this board.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah when referees get murdered, decapitated, dismembered, never found again due to contentious calls in south America its "not at all a case of people taking soccer too seriously" Of course except that it is.

Like I said earlier I could link a lot of stuff. All of which would be unsuitable for viewing on this board.

I think it's more of a case of using soccer as an excuse. These people aren't fans of the game. At best, they use soccer as a distraction from their problems for a couple hours and in that time get drunk or high and then a mob mentality sets in and causes them to go off over anything. Most of these people aren't anymore fans than the clowns that rioted in Vancouver or even here in 2006. Just people looking for an excuse to stir **** and the game gave them their vehicle for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad