workouts during the season

the dude man

Jul 4, 2007
I want to workout during hockey season because i play football and baseball and want to get stronger. But i dont know how much or what i should do so iam not worn out for hockey.

droller*

i'm not an expert but i played junior b hockey while working out 3 days a week during the season..

on gamedays.. i would avoid doing any core or leg training... when playing hockey you use your core and legs the most... i generally avoided lifting ON gameday but if i did it would be an upper body workout. if you've lifted for a long time you don't feel sore after workouts anymore and it doesn't really affect you during a game.

when doing a leg/core workout, find a day in the week that will give you HOPEFULLY 2 days rest from games... you're legs will be dead for pracky and coach might get on u a bit but better than sh*tin the bed during a game, right? :)

i also found that i made minimal gains during the season (weights being lifted). i generally stayed the same weight during the season... most gains are made during the off-season for me.

i have a couple buddies that played high level canadian ball during their teens and they really focused on shoulder training.. maybe thats something you can do DURING the hockey season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad