Workout routine on top of personal trainer

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
So I've been going to the gym with a personal trainer 3 days a week. It is 3 days of hell, lots of HIIT crap that nobody enjoys(if you do I think you are nuts).

I go in with some friends an additional 1 or 2 days a week. Just curious, what kind of workouts would be something I could do solo? I feel more comfortable with someone else there(why Inhired a trainer), but would be beneficial if I was going in more.

Push workout I do with my friends that I can do solo is bench, inclined dumbells bench, and fly machine followed by some core.

I'm looking for some easy workouts that I might be able to do solo to help progress me even more. I'm looking more for weight lifting because much of what I do with my trainer is more cardio getting in shape stuff. I do a lot of lifting mixed in but it's more about keeping my heart rate up more than muscle building.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
A good trainer should be given you even general guidelines on what to do on your own if he/she even remotely cares about your goals and retaining you as a client.

Why wouldn’t you ask them?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I have all his workouts he's done with me stored. He's shown me tons of crap. Doesn't hurt to ask what other people do at the gym.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
So I've been going to the gym with a personal trainer 3 days a week. It is 3 days of hell, lots of HIIT crap that nobody enjoys(if you do I think you are nuts).

I go in with some friends an additional 1 or 2 days a week. Just curious, what kind of workouts would be something I could do solo? I feel more comfortable with someone else there(why Inhired a trainer), but would be beneficial if I was going in more.

Push workout I do with my friends that I can do solo is bench, inclined dumbells bench, and fly machine followed by some core.

I'm looking for some easy workouts that I might be able to do solo to help progress me even more. I'm looking more for weight lifting because much of what I do with my trainer is more cardio getting in shape stuff. I do a lot of lifting mixed in but it's more about keeping my heart rate up more than muscle building.

I assume since you have a personal trainer you have a gym membership. If this is the case, why not just use some of the cable machines? They are pretty much self-explanatory so you don't need someone to show you how to use them.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
You should talk to the trainer. Set up something that you can do when you're not with him (2-3x a week in addition to the 3x a week with the trainer). You could use him for the HIIT and conditioning and then use the other 3 for strength based exercises. It all depends on how you want to break down the workouts (body part, movement based or push pull).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad