Blue Jays Discussion: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!!!!!!!! (avatars: posts 1-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
There's a rule for that, and Choo didn't break it because he didn't obstruct Martin intentionally.

Holy **** enough. It was a screwy instance, but the Jays won. Move on already.

That being said, the rule will probably be addressed because any sport usually does when something bizarre like that happens, not because of some insane conspiracy theory. (Case in point; the tuck rule, foot in the crease, the Burt Emmanuel rule, etc)

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Why is it Price can't pitch game one?

He pitched on Sunday. That gives him Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as rest days.

Is that not normal rest for starting pitchers?

1 reason is that there's a whole team of pitchers to think about, not just 1.

Price in game 2 means he comes back in a game 5 or 6. Stroman in game 3 lets him go in 6 or 7.

Makes sense for Estrada to game in 1 and 5....especially where he's only pitched once is the last couple weeks.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
forgive me but I haven't mentioned anything about what happened in the top of the 7th I won't drag this on because obviously we won and we need to move on but my only issue is that the umpire called the play dead. So whether the ball was live or not doesn't mean anything IMO...the ump called the play dead before Odor touched the plate so what I don't get is how the play was still allowed to stand. Yes I get the rule and I would accept everything as it were....only if the ump didn't yell "nononono" and waved the play dead. Once he did that everything after should've been thrown out.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Only issue was the ump calling the play dead and not knowing the rule as well.

That's my only real problem with it too. The Jays didn't even attempt to make a play on it because the ump was clearly telling everyone that the play was dead.

Even though calling it off was wrong, it happened, and the play was dead.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
forgive me but I haven't mentioned anything about what happened in the top of the 7th I won't drag this on because obviously we won and we need to move on but my only issue is that the umpire called the play dead. So whether the ball was live or not doesn't mean anything IMO...the ump called the play dead before Odor touched the plate so what I don't get is how the play was still allowed to stand. Yes I get the rule and I would accept everything as it were....only if the ump didn't yell "nononono" and waved the play dead. Once he did that everything after should've been thrown out.

The runner was on his way home when it was called dead, so they probably made the decision on what would have happened had the ump not called it that way. There was absolutely no way the Jays would have made the out.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Only issue was the ump calling the play dead and not knowing the rule as well.

The rule book confirmed the play was valid, as strange as it appeared. However I was with you on the Ump stepping on the field waving the play dead as the runner scores running past him.

They never debated that point yesterday, but in hockey when a ref blows a play dead and a team scores thereafter it doesn't count, regardless if the ref is right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad