Pre-Game Talk: Woody for Woodcroft - Oilers Islanders tomorrow!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
OK it finally happened, 3 weeks later than it was supposed to, but it happened.

Apparently he likes to trap it up in the N zone and run a tight 2-1-2 in the O zone (something Ive been saying should happen since the slide) which in theory will cut down on the odd man rushes and free flow into our zone. Manson insists on the D between the puck and opponent (duh).

I am curious how our players will adapt on short notice and stay disciplined to his system. In particular numbers 25/29/97 who like to do their own thing out there it seems.

Will the 3 minute shift lengths end? Will McDrai and RNH run as the 3 C down the middle? Will the goals against come down? Will the Powerplay move to having 2 units as opposed to 1 which isn’t working anymore? Will the PK revive? Will there be actual 60 minutes of work ethic? Will there be accountability among all players finally?

Holland did Jay and Dave no favours by waiting till the early middle of the busiest stretch of hockey in the season with 8 games in 13 nights when the idiot had 3 breaks to do so but gut feelings overrule sane rational thought with this GM so our new coaches are set up more for failure than success thanks to that rambling nitwit.

Everyone is rooting for Jay and Dave (and Glen). Everyone also wonders why in the f*** Dustin Schwartz is still employed but I guess that is another gut feeling for another day.

OK boys, its on you now, make it happen!!

Lets Go Oilers!

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Apparently he likes to trap it up in the N zone and run a tight 2-1-2 in the O zone (something Ive been saying should happen since the slide) which in theory will cut down on the odd man rushes and free flow into our zone. Manson insists on the D between the puck and opponent (duh).

I am curious how our players will adapt on short notice and stay disciplined to his system. In particular numbers 25/29/97 who like to do their own thing out there it seems.

Will the 3 minute shift lengths end? Will McDrai and RNH run as the 3 C down the middle? Will the goals against come down? Will the Powerplay move to having 2 units as opposed to 1 which isn’t working anymore? Will the PK revive? Will there be actual 60 minutes of work ethic? Will there be accountability among all players finally?

Holland did Jay and Dave no favours by waiting till the early middle of the busiest stretch of hockey in the season with 8 games in 13 nights when the idiot had 3 breaks to do so but gut feelings overrule sane rational thought with this GM so our new coaches are set up more for failure than success thanks to that rambling nitwit.

Everyone is rooting for Jay and Dave (and Glen). Everyone also wonders why in the f*** Dustin Schwartz is still employed but I guess that is another gut feeling for another day.

Lets Go Oilers!

Great post.

I'm excited to be 100% cheering for the Oilers to win again. I was never truly cheering against them but when losing it was hard not to hope that another loss would finally mean no more Tippett/Holland.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
cut.jpg

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Tip-pett didn't work. There's always the Wood-croft. If those doesn't work, we got the entire package in Babcock

Reactions: McFlash97

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
For Woodcroft's first game I would just stack the top 6 then I would make a few callups from Bakersfield and run 3 scoring lines.

Versus NYI:
Kane-Mcdavid-Draisaitl
Hyman-RNH-JP
Benson-Mcleod-Yamamoto
Shore-Ryan-Perlini

For the California road trip:
Kane-Mcdavid-JP
Mcleod-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Hyman-RNH-Ryan
Benson-Marody-Griffith

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
For Woodcroft's first game I would just stack the top 6 then I would make a few callups from Bakersfield and run 3 scoring lines.

Versus NYI:
Kane-Mcdavid-Draisaitl
Hyman-RNH-JP
Benson-Mcleod-Yamamoto
Shore-Ryan-Perlini

For the California road trip:
Kane-Mcdavid-JP
Mcleod-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Hyman-RNH-Ryan
Benson-Marody-Griffith

Yes I would load up the first line. Give McDrai a shot to revive this team. We can be a one-line team for 5-6 games, we need the Ws ASAP

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Lets Go Oilers!

Doesn't Vegas run the 2-1-2 in the offensive and neutral zones as well?

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Regardless of the outcome it is kind of refreshing that some changes to the game we've seen the team playing are on the way.

I don't expect to see a great deal tomorrow given the time frame, and I think it is best to not have any unrealistic expectations, but yeah, makes this one worth tuning in for, anyway.

also please start Skinner.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I rather not. Loading up McDrai is what got them playing extended shifts and creating bad habits and coach playing favorites.

It's a start of a new coach. Let's start with some good habits
With Woodcroft not knowing the team 100% yet I think he might just have similar lines to Tippett has had recently for a few games and then roll 4 lines. Cant learn your players if they are playing 5-7 minutes.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Looking forward to Jay Daddy doing what he can with this shit stain of a roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad