Wood or Composite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Depends on your preference. I certainly enjoy my Mission M-1 over any wood stick I've owned.

And it totally depends on your skills. It's the carpenter not the tools...........I find it funny when a beginning adult shows up barely being able to skate but uses a $200 Easton Stealth.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not to imply that I'm any good =)

Iif you shop around, you can find composites for pretty "cheap"....I've gotten lucky, I got my M-1 for $50, a Synergy for $50, and a free Stealth.

I had this old Bauer woody that felt better than a lot of the two pieces I've had. Usually because if you get cheap on the blade, a two piece will still be lighter, but feel horribly unbalanced.

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
well...my main stick of use is the keith tkachuk TPS response with the rubber grip. i really enjoy using it, its kinda really grown on me, when i first go it i didnt like the curve or the rubbery grip, but now i cant live without it.

well maybe i can. my absoult favourite stick for me is my good ole ray bourque sherwood. heavy as hell, but has the sweetest curve ever. if i could only add a foot to the end of it, i would never need another stick again...but alas, ive outgrown it.

but anyways, back on topic. i think that both are quite useful, but i like wood that much more. the composite kinda feels too light and costly for me, so i dont really use the same kind of reckless abandon that i would if i were using a wooden stick. plus the wood stick gives me a better feel of the puck.

vote wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad