Wondering if Brooks Laich can be the next Leafs captain?

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Howard Berger is just parroting Ken Campbell. It was equally insane when Campbell said it.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
this guy starved for attention

laich will be moved anytime if any teams bites...what u name a captain so he can play on the 4th line, and be moved at any point during his maximum 1 and 1/4 season left with the franchise?

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Only player I'd be ok with getting the C on this roster right now is Komarov. It would solidify his presence as a long-term Leaf, which I think would be great, and hes a hard-worker who is going to show a great example for the kids coming up, and be a particularly important mentor for the young Europeans in the system.

If we sign Stamkos, I'm good with him being named Captain.

Otherwise I'd like to wait another year or two until Rielly can handle that pressure.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
Actually, nobody pays him any more.

That is his personal blog/website.

So all is right the world. Except the fact anyone posts his articles here. Trash writer.

He fell pretty low. Apparently he got in trouble with the taxman when he tried to write off the losses from following the team around on his own dime:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/small-business/maple-leafs-bloggers-tax-loss-case-highlights-difficulties-of-independence/article25308466/

Berger and Rumack didn't have the skills to survive being master trolls/contrarians in this market, unlike Simmons/Cox/Healy. I was glad to see them go.

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
Laich is a good guy and great locker room influence i'd assume, but I'd hold off on any captain decisions for the time being. Go with three A's.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I really Laich him. Very positive guy it seems, real professional. Didn't make any complaints after the trade. And seemed genuinely happy as he could be to play for TO.

Happy to have him

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Honestly....thats worse than some posters here...theres some morons here, but ive never seen that idea..

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I was reading Howard Berger's blog and he wonders if next season they will name Brooks Laich the next Leafs captain or as Berger calls it a “bridge†captain until they name someone long term.

Personally I can't see that happening because when have the Leafs ever named a captain just for 1 season since next year is the final year of Laich's contract. Prior to Dion Phaneuf being named captain after Mats Sundin left the Leafs did not have a captain for the 2008-2009 season and the 2009-2010 season. Anyway here is a link to Berger's blog if you want to read it.

http://betweentheposts.ca/2016/03/do-the-leafs-have-their-next-captain/

Why would anyone read Howard Berger?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
None of us know how any of these guys act in the Lr. For all we know will nylander could be a great young leader, or Mitch marner, are kapanen, or soshnikov or rielly. It will play out in due time. I'd like a young long term captain. The way Sakic, yzerman or Crosby got the c.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
It depends. Did Laich turn the music up in the dressing room his first day with the team? If he did, based on recent history they should not make him captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad