Woman born with two uteruses pregnant in both

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It is amazing but I want to say I read that this happened to another lady a few years ago.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
"When Hatcher was a teenager in November 2008, she said doctors in Birmingham discovered that she had been born with two uteruses and two cervices - a condition called uterus didelphys that occurs in about 0.3 percent of women ..."

The mind boggles. o_O

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I had not though of the periods...2 a month? At the same time? different times? Man that part must suck.
Doing the math (correctly, I hope) ... Statista.com reported there were 3.95 billion women in the world as of 2022. If as the Yahoo!News article reports, 0.3% of that population group have uterus didelphys, then that equates to 11,850,000 women with the condition. Seems like that gives you a fair chance of knowing one of them, so ask around & report back to this thread. Thanks. :popcorn:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

Two healthy girls delivered. One born vaginally, one by c-section.
God bless them all. Gonna make for some head scratching stories as those girls grow up. :huh::huh:

ETA: Double monitoring & staffing required? I hope the parents are ready for a long drawn out negotiation with their insurance carrier. :ha::ha:

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad