Woll or Scott

Who do you think has the better career?

• Total voters

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Thought it'd be interesting to see who people think end up being the better goalie long term, as both prospects are having fantastic seasons.

Stats:
Woll: 2016 3rd round pick (62nd)
2018-19
6.png
Boston College
NCAA 131.99.932
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Scott: 2017 4th round pick (110th)
2018-19
3.png
Prince Albert Raiders
WHL 261.61.943
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Or pick the other option (could be Bouthillier, Kaskisuo, McAdam or Sparks if you still see him as a prospect) and state why. I made the poll using Woll and Scott as they are the big prospects but feel free to convince me otherwise. Thought it'd make an interesting debate as one of these guys will most likely be Andersens successor.

Personally I prefer Woll, but Scotts changing my opinion with every passing game.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Scott bc he is a monster.
For real, I think both will be pretty good. Giving the edge to Scott bc he has taking steps every year.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Way to early to say. Have not seen either play this season but both have great stats. Hoepfully both come to our ahl team and can continue their success. Having one of these guys be in line to potentially replace Andersen in 3 years is key.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Have voted Scott but Woll has also shown to be a future (Calibre) goalie - for me it's too early to do any comparison

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
I wanna say Woll for now just based off of a longer track record but it’s almost impossible to predict. Until we see these guys play under the same system and against professional players it’s a tough call.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Still way too early to predict but we have to be pretty happy with how they’ve developed since being drafted. I’d give Scott a bit of an edge but you could argue that Woll’s success in the NCAA is just as impressive.

How does Woll compare to Oettinger? Different drafts, but both 98s... has he surpassed him?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We should also definitely trade one now. That situation didn’t f*** us over at all.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Love to see both rookies with the Marlies next year. Due to the Marlies being in Toronto, they will probably have a NHL calibre goalie coach with them when they have at home. Might be a great situation of them. Hate to be Leaf fatalist but Andersen is a UFA in two years after this year. As we have seen with Pickard and Mcillerney, you can't have too many (good) goalies.

Last edited:

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
:cry:

:pullhair: Yep,the Leafs had Pogge their future # 1, , so accordingly to John Ferguson Jr, the Leafs could trade # 1 Rask. PS. I don't blame Pokke. He just wasn't NHL good.
ye such a shame really, but this is why i couldnt choose one of these guys now under any circumstance. that memory is still too fresh in my mind

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Hard to say both are young and in the hardest position to predict. When they turn pro we should get a better understanding of what we have. Gun to my head, Woll simply for the track record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad