Traded Christian Wolanin (D)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
so... we send down a RD and call up a LD when we still have Englund up?

Smith really doesn't seem like a fan of Jaros though.

Yah true ...I noticed that (LD/RD) and the Jaros thing. Maybe they want to see Wolanin on the right side? Still tough loss for Belleville with Brannstrom injured and Dubeau in nets for the next one.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yah true ...I noticed that (LD/RD) and the Jaros thing. Maybe they want to see Wolanin on the right side? Still tough loss for Belleville with Brannstrom injured and Dubeau in nets for the next one.

Might be that they didn't want deplete Belleville too much and see Jaros as a Key guy for them...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think Wolainin was just down to get back into game shape.

Jaros has been ok, but really needs to develop further if he wants to break out of England territory.

I have been pleasantly surprised about England actually, I like the way he hits for sure. Jaros is stuck in the middle somewhere looking for an identity. The game might move too fast for him. I still have high hopes that he can putt it together.

Super excited to see Wolainin back in. He’ll get limited and sheltered minutes to start, but it’s another start of what could be a nice story for us this season.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let’s pump the tires a bit on CW. He is a nice late emerging prospect for a team desperate for players.

I see a 6-8 DMAN on a contending team. Injury aside I think a coach pushes Borocop over CW.

I see that you are having a hard time with CWs

:sarcasm:

Yeah, I really want to see what Wolanin can do for the rest of the season. It would be good for the team to get a read on where he fits for next year.

Not many reads to make this year, even less for a player that was injured 2/3 of the season, It really is a developmental year.

Wolanin up , Jaros down. I am surprised they didn't give Wolanin a couple more games in the A.

They didn't have that many games because the AHL scheduling is particular but probably a ton of practices. He has been back for like 3 weeks, no?

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think Wolainin was just down to get back into game shape.

Jaros has been ok, but really needs to develop further if he wants to break out of England territory.

I have been pleasantly surprised about England actually, I like the way he hits for sure. Jaros is stuck in the middle somewhere looking for an identity. The game might move too fast for him. I still have high hopes that he can putt it together.

Super excited to see Wolainin back in. He’ll get limited and sheltered minutes to start, but it’s another start of what could be a nice story for us this season.

You don't need to think, Wolanin was really in the AHL for conditioning. Pretty normal when a player misses that long. Even Colin White played 2 games in Belleville earlier this season for the same reason. Only solidly established NHL players don't do that

And what do you mean if Jaros wants to break out of England territory? He should be in Germany or something?

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Raze The Stray

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lest we forget this guy was on pace for a spectacular rookie season. 33 point pace with improving D.

Last ten games the guy seemed to average one almost full end-to-end rush up ice a game.

He also had 8th best PPG among all AHL defenders who played over 20 games.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Lest we forget this guy was on pace for a spectacular rookie season. 33 point pace with improving D.

Last ten games the guy seemed to average one almost full end-to-end rush up ice a game.

He also had 8th best PPG among all AHL defenders who played over 20 games.

Were any of our defense spectacular last year ?

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Didn't exactly set the world on fire during his stint in Belleville this year:
2019-20Belleville SenatorsAHL910174
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I had the same thoughts. Was he still getting his groove back? If so, this seems premature unless the plan was always to bring him up regardless of performance after a few weeks.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I had the same thoughts. Was he still getting his groove back? If so, this seems premature unless the plan was always to bring him up regardless of performance after a few weeks.

Yeah I think you nailed it. I have a feeling that he was looked as an NHLer, so his stint in Belleville was more a conditioning stint rather than earning his spot.

I think they had him pencilled in to start the year in Ottawa pre injury, and I don’t think guys tend to lose their spots due to injury. I suspect he’ll get a chance to step back in, and if he falters badly maybe he gets sent down, but I think he’s a Senator with a spot to lose at this point.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Didn't exactly set the world on fire during his stint in Belleville this year:
2019-20Belleville SenatorsAHL910174
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Let’s hope everyone remembers how Pageau and Karlsson looked after coming back from long term injuries, and give Wolanin the benefit of the doubt if he struggles down the stretch.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Let’s hope everyone remembers how Pageau and Karlsson looked after coming back from long term injuries, and give Wolanin the benefit of the doubt if he struggles down the stretch.

Benefit of the doubt ? He hasn’t done much in the league ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad