Buffalo Bills Wk #2: BUF (0-1) @ MIA (1-0) 1pm Sept 19 FOX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Allen and the offense haven’t played great at all and are struggling. But it’s way too early to worry. Defense looks great. And we are in a different tier than the dolphins.

If the offense and defense are playing near their potential going into the playoffs, watch out

There’s plenty to worry about the offense struggling. These are playoff contender level defenses, and we’re going to be tasked to play, playoff caliber defenses in the playoffs.

When you pull back and see how poorly they are executing as well the game plans they are implementing, it’s very worrisome. Allen has been inconsistent drive to drive like before. The elite QBs are not like that, we lean on Allen like he is elite.

plenty of time to improve, but there’s a lot to be cautious in determining how far this team goes.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
There’s plenty to worry about the offense struggling. These are playoff contender level defenses, and we’re going to be tasked to play, playoff caliber defenses in the playoffs.

When you pull back and see how poorly they are executing as well the game plans they are implementing, it’s very worrisome. Allen has been inconsistent drive to drive like before. The elite QBs are not like that, we lean on Allen like he is elite.

plenty of time to improve, but there’s a lot to be cautious in determining how far this team goes.

Elite QBs do that. Look at Rodgers last week. Look at MVP runner up Josh Allen last year those like 3 weeks he was injured.

Things happen. We put up 35 on one of the top Ds last year.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

there’s a reason looking at nfl headlines at the end of September in hindsight is always fun. It’s a small sample size of a team sport where it can take some time getting a team in sync. The nfl come playoff time never looks like the nfl at the end of September.

I did not see anything from our extremely talented offense last year that suggested a regression was coming. And nothing over these two games have changed my mind. I mean they improved a lot this week and executed touchdowns when they had the opportunity. A clearly struggling offense that scored 5 touchdowns against a good D? That moved the ball 8 times into our territory and had almost 400 yards? That should be reassuring

I mean, people can worry all they want. But I think it is wayyyy too early.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Hopefully by late October we're laughing about how much we questioned the offence in September. Certainly doesn't seem like the offence they were last year however it's only two games. Thankfully the defence and specifically the defensive line are picking up the slack. Maybe this season they will win games in a different manner than last year.

I don't know when Watt left the game however I do know Carr was 28/37 for 382 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs against the Steelers today.

Last edited:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Overall very happy with today. I mean hard to not be when you shut out a team.

I love the pressure from the defense.
I know Miami’s run game isn’t great but the run defense was good. Only allowing 71 rushing yards.
The secondary played well and was deserving of the praise the got on the broadcast. Longest pass was only 18 yards.
Josh and the offense, while far from last year’s caliber, completed drives and did enough to put up 35. I’m also glad we ran more. This will hopefully prevent teams from always thinking pass on every play.
Special teams was good. Not even upset with Bass for his miss. It was over 50 and on a field that was played on yesterday. Haack averaged 46 yards and punt coverage was solid.

Will today’s game beat KC of TB, no, most likely not unless we totally dominate on defense. But as good as the defense was today, I don’t think they can totally keep down Mahomes/Brady. But it was the game we needed and should serve as a building block to continue to get back to last season’s form on offense.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Hopefully by late October we're laughing about how much we questioned the offence in September. Certainly doesn't seem like the offence they were last year however it's only two games. Thankfully the defence and specifically the defensive line are picking up the slack. Maybe this season they will win games in a different manner than last year.

I don't know when Watt left the game however I do know Carr was 28/37 for 382 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs against the Steelers today.

Watt left very early. It was before the mid-second quarter in the Bills game that I got to a friends house and they showed Watt on the sidelines.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Never been more disappointed in a 35-0 win. The defense is fire. But the offense is mediocre looking and no where near last years. Not happy with the first 2 weeks overall. Josh looks like 2019 Allen.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Good teams evolve. They are trying to take Josh Allen’s strengths away and it is opening up other opportunities in the run game.

The OfFENSE scored 35 points while leaving points on the field. That’s a good problem to have.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That was a sloppy game, but we thoroughly outplayed them. It wouldn't have mattered if Tua was in there or not. The defensive line and the blitzes from the CBs and LBs were abusing their o-line all day.

It was great to see the run game be utilized effectively. I just hope the fumbling issue we're seeing doesn't become a trend.

Allen was off, but Im not worried yet. It's early in the year, and the offense still put up a ton of points. I believe Allen will start delivering soon.

Regardless, Im a happy man. I havent seen the defensive line dominate like that in a while. There's a ton of potential there- Rousseau, Oliver, Zimmer, Epenesa, etc... Beane has been sinking resources into and the hope is it pays dividends. The secondary is strong. Milano is a difference maker when healthy. Edmunds plays his role effectively.

The potential is real with this squad. We just have to hope like hell Allen rights the ship soon. It's just more fun when he's lighting it up.

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Remember the days when the Bills were really bad and every now then they'd dominate on the stats sheet and still find a way to lose the game.
Wins > Moral Victories

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Baltimore leaving just enough time on the clock for KC to answer their potential score…good ending to a fun game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad