WJC'S- Name your medal contenders.

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
1.Usa 2. Swe 3. Can clear gap then 4. Finland then same sized gap as between Finland and top 3> 5.Cze 6. Svk again gap and Ger Sui Lat Nor about evenly matched 4 teams..

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
I’m awfully close to agreeing with this except I would swap in Slovakia for the Czechs.
I definitely think the Slovaks are right there. I’m a UMass fan so I’ve seen a lot of Hrabal…I think he’s going to steal a game or two. He looks locked in. Of course, Gajan was great last year though…so we’ll see.

Reactions: czechcanadian

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
1:usa- clear favorites 2:sweden- home ice will propel them to the final unless meet usa in semis. 3:Canada- will be happy if we finish here want gold of course but just don't think we the favorites of past years.

Finland /cze/ slovakia got chances at bronze also

FastEddie

Feb 22, 2019
Canada were supposed to be weak last year too and only the Czechs gave them a run for their money. Not saying they're favorites, but there's some expectation setting going on here.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I assume the Finn's are better than what their posters are saying? Feel like they are always good.

Czechs get announced Tuesday. Looks like it might be a solid team tbh. 2 good goalies, solid D core and some decent forward talent. Some injury concerns going in with Jecho and Cibulka. Curious how they pick the D as there is actually options and choice this year.

FastEddie

Feb 22, 2019
Canada were supposed to be weak? With Fantilli, Wright, Bedard, Stankoven, Clarke, Korchinski?
I am not plugged into this like you guys, but I remember being here last year and seeing people say the US were favorites.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I am not plugged into this like you guys, but I remember being here last year and seeing people say the US were favorites.
The NHL poached too many TOP players for Canada to be considered favourites - Bedard, Fantilli, KK, Potais, Benson and Wright. It is what it is - altho we can dream about what could have been. Hopefully we can fly under the radar and exceed expectations.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovaks borderline medal contender. With Slaf/Nemec it would be a huge contender, but those kids are playing first line minutes in NHL...

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
USA favourites. Canada second but even with Sweden bc of home ice advantage. Then a gap. Then Finland/Czechia/Slovaks in a group below

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Last edited:

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
I'm thinking Adam Gajan and Michael Hrabal are both gonna play lights out this year and upset some favorites
So I'll go.
Gold: Canada
Silver: Slovakia
Bronze: Czechia

Reactions: Svedu and Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm thinking Adam Gajan and Michael Hrabal are both gonna play lights out this year and upset some favorites
So I'll go.
Gold: Canada
Silver: Slovakia
Bronze: Czechia
Fun fact:

2 years ago.. the first 2 D in the draft were Czech and Slovak
1 year ago.. the first 2 goalies taken were Czech and Slovak

Note: both times the Slovak went first!

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Screenshot_1.png

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I assume the Finn's are better than what their posters are saying? Feel like they are always good.

Czechs get announced Tuesday. Looks like it might be a solid team tbh. 2 good goalies, solid D core and some decent forward talent. Some injury concerns going in with Jecho and Cibulka. Curious how they pick the D as there is actually options and choice this year.
Swedens offense with especially Lekkerimäki, Pellikka, Östlund could be lethal.

Canada with Savoie, Barkey, Rehkopf, Bonk, Mateychuk etc.

The US with Gauthier, Augustine, McGroarty, Snuggerud, Hutson, Nazar and a lot of good NCAA players.

No I really believe more in these three with Slovakia having good upset potential in their offense with Dvorsky, Sykora, Mesar, Ciernik, Misiak, Pekarcik, Petrovsky, Repcik, Honzek and at D Strbak and Radojevic even if their defense is not as good as Czechias perhaps. Slovaks should be up there with Finland as fourth this year if not better. Great depth on offense as well, at least three good lines with Dvorsky, Sykora as possible big leaders. That's another thing compared to the finns this year, I believe Sykora can be a great leader for the Slovaks.

Will be fun no matter what!

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad