WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - USA vs. Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Sotnos said:
It's disgusting. Hard to watch this game having to listen to the garbage from the crowd because it's really pissing me off.

Turn down your volume. The crowd paid good money for the right to cheer whom they want and give JJ the business.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
jcorb58 said:
You guys should use it as motivation.

You would think so, wouldn't you? I sure as hell would lol.

Sotnos said:
We've heard that one all tournament. I call BS.

It is BS. Luckily I get to actually see the game so I don't have to deal with a radio feed, but if it's bothering me this much seeing it I can only imagine what you guys listening to it feel. It's very, very irritating.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Sotnos said:
It's disgusting. Hard to watch this game having to listen to the garbage from the crowd because it's really pissing me off.

Didn't Tucker Carlson call Canada "the US' Pejorative Slured little brother" or something like that? This animosity between the US/Canada is more about the big guys vs. the little guys and shouldn't be taken too seriously IMO.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I wouldn't go that far.

There's already been two pretty bad calls on USA so far, as well.

Most of the second half of the period was the Czechs on the attack... and I'm not sure what "bad calls" you are referring to. The last two PP's were justified.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
jcorb58 said:
Turn down your volume. The crowd paid good money for the right to cheer whom they want and give JJ the business.
And I have the right to say something about it, thanks. :rolleyes: It's disgusting, and I hope this crowd goes home disappointed more times than one during this tourney. Guess they don't have enough opportunities to display their anti-Americanism, they should all hop on this board sometime.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
i seriously cant believe that you guys are complaining about fnas cheering for another team!!! lol... WOW... have you watched sports before? fans cheer for their team, or any other team whose winning will help their own team.... does that warm weather down there prevent your skin from building up a nice protective layer or something? :)

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
jadeddog said:
why you yanks are upset with canadians booing a US player that tried to hurt a canadian player is mind-boggling.... of *course* we're gonna boo him, just like we'd boo him if he was on ANY OTHER team, it has nothing to do with him being american.... jeez get over yourselves already

and we're cheering for the czechs cause we know that the americans are the best team on paper, and would rather not play them if we are fortunate enough to make it to the final.... its a compliment to your team

Good post. I a huge JJ and Univ. of Michigan fan. I completley understand the booing. Just the other night at JLA, I was booing Federov everytime he touched the puck playing against the Wings. Great spirit there.

Now, cheering the Czech's. Go Czech's Go is cool and fun. US Sucks coming from a Canadien makes my blood boil.

Flin Flon

Jan 19, 2004
St. Paul, MN
jtuzzi said:
the most impressive American has been TJ Oshie.

I've seen Oshie in the Minnesota HS Tournament and the recent ND/UM series. He is a very good player and may be a steal for St. Louis. He seems to be in every play and has impressed me with his playmaking ability.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
When he went to the box, he was looking up at the crowd and laughing his donkey off. Johnson's having a ball with the fans and it's energizing him. No worries. He's a physical guy and has to play that way. Good stuff. :)

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
NYR2 said:
Okay fans we get it, you don't like JJ. It's definitely old already. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, is this Canada playing? Seems like it from the fans in there. :dunno:

So the people that pay good money to watch this aren't allowed to cheer and boo for whoever they want according to you. :shakehead It's fun for the people there and gets the crowd in the game. You'd rather it be dead quiet? JJ certainly has earned the booing though I bet half of it is to the IIHF for not suspending him.

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
Nate Gerbe has got to start finishing his chances. I keep hearing the next Gionta, but Gerbe has got to do more to be the next Gionta. It's a bummer for Oshie because he could have 3-4 assists easily if someone would finish.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
NYR2 said:
Don't think I disagree with you because I don't, but it's old already. Just kinda annoying at this point because it's all you hear every 2 seconds.

I live in another NHL city and there are certain players that have gotten that season after season. I agree it is disrespectfull and doesnt show much class but they paid for the right. That elbow was totally uncalled for on Downie but wait till Downie plays pro lots more guys will be wanting to plant him with an elbow. Even some of his own teamates hated him this yr.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sotnos said:
And I have the right to say something about it, thanks. :rolleyes: It's disgusting, and I hope this crowd goes home disappointed more times than one during this tourney. Guess they don't have enough opportunities to display their anti-Americanism, they should all hop on this board sometime.

voted republican did you? lol

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
jadeddog said:
why you yanks are upset with canadians booing a US player that tried to hurt a canadian player is mind-boggling.... of *course* we're gonna boo him, just like we'd boo him if he was on ANY OTHER team, it has nothing to do with him being american.... jeez get over yourselves already

Okay, well, no. No one said he didn't deserve it, it's just gotten old real quick. Point was well made and taken. No need for us to get over ourselves. I mean really, God we are so arrogant. How dare we. I'm so sick of those kinds of comments, I take it as an insult. And really, pot calling the kettle black also.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Funny... once you have national teams playing booing is all the sudden forbidden. Grow up. The fans are getting into the game... theyve found an angle.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It's disappointing to see that even after the forgiveness and kindness Vancouver has shown Todd Bertuzzi for his mistake, they still jump all over an opposing player for a mistake as well. JJ is a good kid who messed up--luckily Downie wasn't seriously hurt--but it's not the end of the world, and they should lay off.

That being said, the Canadian fans booing the US team is nothing for US fans to get worked up about, IMO. Canadian fans will boo whomever is deemed to be the No. 1 rival; the US were actually pretty well liked in the other tournaments held in Canada, when they were not being described as the tournament favorites. The Russians were the ones getting booed at that time; the Russians have been booed consistently in Canada for a loooooong time. Now that the US is Canada's "No. 1 hockey rival", it should come as no surprise that the boos are coming to them. That's competetive nature, folks.

~Canucklehead~

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Sotnos said:

Christ, they're not even booing the Americans, just JJ. And cheering for the Czechs. Last time I checked, people are allowed to cheer at a hockey game. To call that disgusting is BEYOND hilarious. Sorry, but the crowd isn't the disgusting one.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Drake1588 said:
When he went to the box, he was looking up at the crowd and laughing his donkey off. Johnson's having a ball with the fans and it's energizing him. No worries. He's a physical guy and has to play that way. Good stuff. :)

Good he had so much fun.. his penalty let the Czechs back in the game.

Spiral

Dec 24, 2005
Who scored the goal for the Czechs? Was it Smid?

I'm cheering for the US, but I want both Bobby Ryan and Ladislav Smid to do well in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad